KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice on upgrading my suspension on my 2020 300 guys

dont want to spend silly money...... what are people doing with these bikes and the WP suspension?

Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know how the ORVS compares with the Dal Soggio valving? I have Dal Soggio left over from my 2017 bike

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
Dal Soggio Sphere full cartridges (not XP1). Not cheap but two people off here have found mega bargains and got second hand sets, both like new. They go straight in your existing tubes. You can transfer them to any fork in the future. The more bikes you fit them to the cheaper they get.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Its taken me 30 hours to realise i wont be spending money on my 20 I've just resprung it for my weight and its as good if not better than my last two revalves
Keep searching on the standard stuff before spending they’re actually pretty good

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Its taken me 30 hours to realise i wont be spending money on my 20 I've just resprung it for my weight and its as good if not better than my last two revalves
Keep searching on the standard stuff before spending they’re actually pretty good
That makes a change from previous years Ozzy (y)

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
It’s definitely worth spending first on springs and seeing if it brings the results you want with stock kit. Change oils to. You never know.

If later on your still not impressed, the new springs can be used in a set of sphere. One of spheres great features is any spring length can be used as the cartridge is adjustable to suit any length springs so buying springs is no waste of money on two counts.

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
No idea if this is true but I did hear Beta spec the same oil as in the trials models. It’s pretty thick oil. 7.5wt. Changing to a thinner 5wt would definitely help in the cooler country and negate a revalve. It’s been said before but the KYB 01M oil is very thin. Like shock oil. It works very well with stock/stiffer/suits all valving.

·
Registered
593 Posts
No idea if this is true but I did hear Beta spec the same oil as in the trials models. It’s pretty thick oil. 7.5wt. Changing to a thinner 5wt would definitely help in the cooler country and negate a revalve. It’s been said before but the KYB 01M oil is very thin. Like shock oil. It works very well with stock/stiffer/suits all valving.
KYB01M or Maxima 85/15 is what you want in there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts