KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a really small off Sunday and it pulled the radiator back about 15mm.
most of the radiator braces don’t seem to stop that from happening
any recommendations for a brace that would stop it from bending backward.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers BPD only list guards for the front and EE don’t look that strong.
im thinking now about a IMS 15 Ltr tank. It comes out around the rads so would protect them. I don’t need the range but don’t have to fill the tank and as above I can’t find a brace that looks like it will do the job.

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
All my rads on all my bikes have got squashed sideways by two or three vertical sections and bent back/forwards. Basically all over the place. They never seem to leak though. You can always gentle knock them back into better shape using a soft wood drift.

I’ve always been to tight to buy rad braces from new.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just trying to avoid needing to buy a new rad. Think I’ll leave as is, be a shame to cause a leak by straightening it.

·
Premium Member
10,136 Posts
Cheers BPD only list guards for the front and EE don’t look that strong.
im thinking now about a IMS 15 Ltr tank. It comes out around the rads so would protect them. I don’t need the range but don’t have to fill the tank and as above I can’t find a brace that looks like it will do the job.
I have used both and l think that the EE ones are more robust. Both had been tested quite well and no bannana rads.

·
Premium Member
10,136 Posts
Another thing to do is to secure rad shrouds with sidestand/battery rubbers rather than bolts. This allows shrouds to move without pulling the rads about. Also much quicker getting tank off and on.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
BPD from Paul Bolton
Fit and forget...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts