KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well , as expected just received my VIP offer of £1000 off last years bikes. There will be more to follow of course. Hope no one has just bought....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hold your nerves men I was in Fowler’s today & never before have sales guys been so keen to sell bikes, it was 1pm & i Only noticed two other customers in the whole shop this virus is going to cripple businesses they will have to drop prices big time.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
KTM greed will now bite them hard. The quality drop and price bike means bikes haven’t sold in as greater numbers. You can get 19 and 20s from dealers still. There must be lots of stock. Interest rates and markets dropping rapidly due to the corona (some say 4t) virus.

It’s not good. We may well lose some good dealers through this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a note about prices just as things shut down - I just tried to buy a new '19 350 excf 6d from kestrel - advertised at 7495 but they had none left. Got offered a deal on a 2020 model at ~7600, then realised it was a std model - 6d was ~8100. Then everything shut down so I got my deposit back.

·
Registered
472 Posts
With production halted at KTM in its various colours, I doubt that the 2021 models will appear much before 2021.
If the dealers open before then, they will either sell at a discount to get cash flow again or hang on to whatever they have at full price as supply has dried up. Depends who blinks 1st, buyer or seller.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
KTM flooded the market with a solid design in 2016, then made cheaper crappy 17 bikes with rubbish suspension and less than ideal parts. Then they released TPI. It all limped on till the recent full whack prices. Now the virus damage.

They will have no option but to sell cheap. I’ve two KTM bikes. I’ll take a hit for sure on the second hand market but they will both be more affordable than new in the post virus world. Resale value is a myth made up by marketing types based on unicorn bikes. Things only sell for what a buyer will pay.

It won’t be much after the virus for sometime.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts