KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bike looks good, we were discussing the pro's and con's of orange tipped AR cans on here a couple of weeks ago, I have to say I like the look of yours

·
Registered
499 Posts
is that the RC8 frame?

·
Registered
499 Posts
ay, I see it now. From where I'm sitting it sure has similar lines/geometry. the main frame tube with the RC8 lies on top towards the headstock, with the SD2020 it appears goes along the bottom to the headstock.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does the AR slipon come with a hanger bracket or have you had one fabricated ? The images on AR`s website don`t appear to show any hanger bracket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the AR slipon come with a hanger bracket or have you had one fabricated ? The images on AR`s website don`t appear to show any hanger bracket.
Dont believe the 2020 model has a hanger bracket. Theres just a single bolt/bracket at the bottom which is on the SR slip-on.
The owners manual (pdf copy on the KTM website now) has a section on removing the existing slip-on for doing work, and its just a removal of heel cover, the clip around the exhaust & a single bolt at the bottom.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont believe the 2020 model has a hanger bracket. Theres just a single bolt/bracket at the bottom which is on the SR slip-on.
The owners manual (pdf copy on the KTM website now) has a section on removing the existing slip-on for doing work, and its just a removal of heel cover, the clip around the exhaust & a single bolt at the bottom.
May have misunderstood - theres just a bracket at the bottom built in (what you may mean by the hanger bracket).
Found an old pic from when I received it :
IMG_0978.jpeg

·
Registered
59 Posts
May have misunderstood - theres just a bracket at the bottom built in (what you may mean by the hanger bracket).
Found an old pic from when I received it :
View attachment 33283
Thanks for that. There`s no sign of the bracket attaching the AR can to the right footrest (as used by the OE endcan ) on the images on AR`s website. Clearly the AR can does come with a bracket after all and therefore isn`t held on by just the "pipework" clamp alone.I`ve emailed AR to confirm their other end cans and not just the V3 have such a hanger bracket .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Seat and rear seat cowl look good. Was it a long wait to get the cowl and seat ordered for the bike ?
I have resigned myself to the 2020 bike so might as well get those on it as well .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Seat and rear seat cowl look good. Was it a long wait to get the cowl and seat ordered for the bike ?
I have resigned myself to the 2020 bike so might as well get those on it as well .
If you're supplying dealer doesn't have them mak then gear4 have them ex-stock

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered everything long before lock-down, so Im not sure what the stock is like these days. Potentially the stock levels are a bit all over the place.
I tried to order an evo-tech tail tidy last week from 3 dealers who said they had it in stock (which turned out to mean 'expecting stock' & their stock didn't arrive) - then they each said there was a 2-5 week backlog from evotech. A few days later I got an email from 2 of them to say their stock just arrived. By that time Id already ordered and fitted the R&G version. The R&G one prob isn't as nice, but as you can see from the pics, there is silver screws around the tail-tidy on the bike itself so it doesn't look totally out of place (when compared with the cleaner evotech one).

Ive got the plugs for removing the pillion pegs on order, and then hopefully that's all my changes done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered everything long before lock-down, so Im not sure what the stock is like these days. Potentially the stock levels are a bit all over the place.
I tried to order an evo-tech tail tidy last week from 3 dealers who said they had it in stock (which turned out to mean 'expecting stock' & their stock didn't arrive) - then they each said there was a 2-5 week backlog from evotech. A few days later I got an email from 2 of them to say their stock just arrived. By that time Id already ordered and fitted the R&G version. The R&G one prob isn't as nice, but as you can see from the pics, there is silver screws around the tail-tidy on the bike itself so it doesn't look totally out of place (when compared with the cleaner evotech one).

Ive got the plugs for removing the pillion pegs on order, and then hopefully that's all my changes done.
Regarding AR slipon endcans----I`ve received a reply from Rich Austin at AR. All of their endcans for the 2020 SDR have a hanger bracket to connect to the right hand footpeg as per OE silencer. Have ordered a V3 150mm homologated version.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts