KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone?

There were a handful of people who got 20’s last year (in comparison to previous MYs). I’m just asking if anyone has got a solid order in for a 21? Did the grey side panel entice you?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I’d just like say that the wheelie bin grey panel didn’t appeal to me (its a trend I don’t get, two or four wheels )... but they new model range looks sharp. Particularly like the look of the 2021 TE300i.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Have they still got that fuel tank outlet that snaps off?
Do you still get an engine or is that extra after all you could say it's a power part ;)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I went for a 20 the week of lockdown .....

What's everyone thoughts ....is this the intended 21 or the 2020.5

Reactions: Enduro Rider

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve just seen a video of the 21sxf. You can pay an additional wheelbarrow full of cash for Ktm “innovations” lunch box. It fits on the bars and will let you play with mapping.

Just shows how clever Yamaha are- they put it inside the ecu out of harms way 4 years or so ago. It is progress though. Sort of.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just took delivery of my 2020 TE 300 today. No changes in the 2021 bikes (KTM & Husky) apart from aesthetics and £1400 extra to say you have a 2021 model. It's a joke!! Money for nothing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
So no point getting a 2021 over a 2020 then?
I assumed the COVID-19 bike would never materialise, but to bang on a £1400 premium for some plastics whacked on a 2020 bike is a bit much....

·
Registered
293 Posts
So no point getting a 2021 over a 2020 then?
I assumed the COVID-19 bike would never materialise, but to bang on a £1400 premium for some plastics whacked on a 2020 bike is a bit much....
Absolutely no point whatsoever! Unless you have loads of cash and would like some new graphics for £1400 extra!!

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don’t forget though that “KTM is partly owned by India's Bajaj Auto, which owns 48 per cent stake”- perhaps this is where it goes wrong? Everyone wanting max profit out the same pie?

Husky and now Gasser are owned by Pierer himself I believe but all three seem to suffer the same snags with bikes. The bikes should be nearly faultless with brands so big and a purchase price so high if they are to be seen as the market leader with premium models. Some aspects of the bikes are to Mickey Mouse to justify this.
Adding a lunchbox to the bars which you pay extra for and a grey side panel isn’t good enough- not when Yamaha have an arguably more complete product with everything included and cheaper. Shame it’s only 4t.

·
Administrator
8,514 Posts

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The yam tuning box isn’t even required at all now from what I gather on the 20 models. It’s all in the ecu. Your phone links to the bike via the app, you make your adjustments and you crack on. No boxes, no wires, no additional cost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don’t forget though that “KTM is partly owned by India's Bajaj Auto, which owns 48 per cent stake”- perhaps this is where it goes wrong? Everyone wanting max profit out the same pie?

Husky and now Gasser are owned by Pierer himself I believe but all three seem to suffer the same snags with bikes. The bikes should be nearly faultless with brands so big and a purchase price so high if they are to be seen as the market leader with premium models. Some aspects of the bikes are to Mickey Mouse to justify this.
Adding a lunchbox to the bars which you pay extra for and a grey side panel isn’t good enough- not when Yamaha have an arguably more complete product with everything included and cheaper. Shame it’s only 4t.

For the Yamaha you are right, its just a phone app, you can list servicing etc , Download maps from other users or make up your own, send to bike & its good to go.
everything is remembered in the history so you can set maps to certain events, tracks, courses etc.
no add ons its in bikes ecu.
brilliant stuff, the new wr250f is the best stock 4 stroke enduro bike on the market today, suspension, build quality is on a different level to ktm/husky.
as much as i love my TE300i , next bike will be a new Yamaha

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don’t doubt that.
I downloaded the Yamaha app to have a look. It’s very impressive with what is being recorded and what you can adjust to your liking.
It’s nearly as adjustable as a 2t. Very good indeed and all in the cheaper purchase cost. If I rode a 4t I can’t see a single reason to buy anything else?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Shame they don't do a 300/350. I've had a spin on a WR250F and agree that it's mega. And it can be had for around £2500 less than a KTM.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts