KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
The yam tuning box isn’t even required at all now from what I gather on the 20 models. It’s all in the ecu. Your phone links to the bike via the app, you make your adjustments and you crack on. No boxes, no wires, no additional cost.
That’s true
All in your phone now via Bluetooth
Pre 20 models need the tuner though
Mine came with it, included

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don’t doubt that.
I downloaded the Yamaha app to have a look. It’s very impressive with what is being recorded and what you can adjust to your liking.
It’s nearly as adjustable as a 2t. Very good indeed and all in the cheaper purchase cost. If I rode a 4t I can’t see a single reason to buy anything else?

I had a look too
Very smart

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had a spin on Taffymoto’s 20 WR250f today. Anyone thinking of changing bikes should get a test on one on open stuff it’s superb, more work in tight trialsy stuff but you’d expect that. It is really sweet. Responsive. Smooth. Feels compact but is roomy at the same time. Brakes that make husky Maguras feel like they are from an 80s bmx, comfy seat, low to the ground. Doesn’t move about or wriggle off line. No excess engine brake feel. No classic 4t front end heavy feel. Suspension works well at no extra cost of the box. It is £1400 cheaper than even a 150tpi so makes every KTM over priced sub standard tat. The cable clutch is as light as the 150 clutch. It really is worth a look.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had a spin on Taffymoto’s 20 WR250f today.

Anyone thinking of changing bikes should get a test on one on open stuff it’s superb, more work in tight trialsy stuff but you’d expect that.

It is really sweet. Responsive. Smooth.

Feels compact but is roomy at the same time.

Brakes that make husky Maguras feel like they are from an 80s bmx, comfy seat, low to the ground.

Doesn’t move about or wriggle off line.

No excess engine brake feel.

No classic 4t front end heavy feel.

Suspension works well at no extra cost of the box.

It is £1400 cheaper than even a 150tpi so makes every KTM over priced sub standard tat.

The cable clutch is as light as the 150 clutch.

It really is worth a look.
Loving mine

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
But yet you all keep buying Ktm so they’re never going to have to make much of an effort to improve them. Why aren’t people buying sherco ? I think the factory looks stunning and comes with all the extras, no power parts required.
I don’t agree I think KTM have improved more than most enduro manufacturers over the last 20 years, could they do better of course, they will do as much as the need to keep ahead and make as much money as they can.
I would love to ride a fuel injected jap 2 stroke with KYB, lights, speedo etc, but As far as they Are concerned they don’t need To or can’t be arsed.
As for Sherco, they look great come fully loaded with goodies, but have you ridden one, they vibrate like an 80’s motocross bike, your so numb when you get off you could have surgery on hands and feet and not need anaesthetic, not for me, but my mate loves his!

·
Registered
224 Posts
But yet you all keep buying Ktm so they’re never going to have to make much of an effort to improve them. Why aren’t people buying sherco ? I think the factory looks stunning and comes with all the extras, no power parts required.
Too right
Orange is the fashionable brand, like Superdry

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don’t agree I think KTM have improved more than most enduro manufacturers over the last 20 years, could they do better of course, they will do as much as the need to keep ahead and make as much money as they can.
I would love to ride a fuel injected jap 2 stroke with KYB, lights, speedo etc, but As far as they Are concerned they don’t need To or can’t be arsed.
As for Sherco, they look great come fully loaded with goodies, but have you ridden one, they vibrate like an 80’s motocross bike, your so numb when you get off you could have surgery on hands and feet and not need anaesthetic, not for me, but my mate loves his!
I have a 500 Sherco, no vibes on mine “as yet”, every bike has there problems.
The bars are positioned low for some reason, so you need some risers but apart from that ok so far!
Came from a 350 excf, not missed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have a 500 Sherco, no vibes on mine “as yet”, every bike has there problems.
The bars are positioned low for some reason, so you need some risers but apart from that ok so far!
Came from a 350 excf, not missed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
his is the 2 stroke, I can’t comment on the 4 stroke as I’ve not ridden one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ive always liked Yams but 115kg is taking the piss . I had a chance to ride a 19 a little while ago and it was good but in the corners of an mx track i noticed the weight thats for sure compared to a excf 250. I dont know why they dont do a WR250 smoker cos I really loved my old YZ 250. As for ecu adjustments I dont think it would make any difference if I was looking for a new bike. Right now I would go for a Beta.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Ive always liked Yams but 115kg is taking the piss . I had a chance to ride a 19 a little while ago and it was good but in the corners of an mx track i noticed the weight thats for sure compared to a excf 250. I dont know why they dont do a WR250 smoker cos I really loved my old YZ 250. As for ecu adjustments I dont think it would make any difference if I was looking for a new bike. Right now I would go for a Beta.
The weights Yamaha publish are full of fuel and 100% honest. I bet if you fuelled up a KTM and weight it properly it would be within 2-3kgs. There’s a guy on YouTube who weighs them all and KTM constantly come in heavier than they’ve disclosed.

Funny how people are sensitive enough to notice 2-3 kgs when moving but not the difference between OC forks and KYB’s. Says it all really.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If KTM published wet weights I bet the 250 EXC 4T would be near to 117kg

WR250F is with 7.5l fuel and 1l oil and 1l of coolant so 9.5kg worth weight

117-9.5 = 107.5kg

KTM 250 exc 4T is claimed at 103kg

·
Registered
293 Posts
It looks amazing Zip and I rode a 2020 in spain and loved it. Reason I didn't buy one last week was because it wasn't fuel injected, so I opted for a white version instead of the orange one.

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I agree on the Sherco factory. Stunner! Cody Web doing alright so does wade young.

20 WR250f did not feel heavy riding it or moving it about. It’s not fly weight like a 125 but it’s no lardy thing. No 4t front pushy feel either.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts