KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 890R about 4 weeks ago. 1000kms in and first service done. Bike is amazing... feels like my old 690 physically, but with almost twice the power it goes like stink.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

I've uploaded a few videos as well:

·
Registered
21 Posts
How are you finding comfort levels? I added a Powerparts Ergo seat, bar risers (26mm higher and 20mm back), Powerparts windscreen and sponge cover grips. It feels like I’m riding the perfect naked sports tourer.
Ive been talking for ages about doing a video blog and you may have inspired me enough to finally do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat isn't great, but want to buy other things before I spend on a seat! I'm short, so something taller is not an option for me. I'm thinking about a screen of some sort as well -- perhaps the shorter PP screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is not actually a screen, it’s just a tinted shield for the gauges. You can get a Powerparts Ergo low seat which is lower, wider and more comfortable than the standard seat. The bar risers that I’ve put on made a MASSIVE difference to comfort and reach. A mate from another state bought some for his Duke 890.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I’ve gone for the taller screen, which KTM refer to as “WINDSHIELD (64108908244)”. I haven’t got the bike yet, but I will report back when I’ve put some miles on it. I will try the OEM risers in both of the possible fitted positions (forwards/backwards by 15mm), but I don’t think I’d go higher.

Any particular running in tips? What kind of road speed does the rev limit give you for the first 600 miles?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had plenty of fun for the first 1000km, even keeping it under 6500 RPM. 110km/h is around 4000 rpm in 6th. After 1000km, she's good to go. I worked to get the 1000km done (mainly highway riding), but alternated the RPM (ie, opened it up a bit) when conditions and traffic allowed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like your mods except the bar end mirror as it tends to look a bit ‘cheap and nasty’ for a classy bike. Buy two matching bar end mirrors that don’t need an ugly grey piece of rubber to make them look even cheaper and nastier.
Love the radiator guard (I have the same one) and the engine guards. Get the muffler heat shield ceramic coated or proper wrapped. A dollar saved is sometimes just one dollar away from doing it right the first time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the bar end mirror was a proof of concept. When I get time I still want to machine the bar end so it can mount to that directly, and replace the grip. I've had issues with even expensive bar end mirrors flopping around due to the vibration and/or shitty roads where I live.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, the bar end mirror was a proof of concept. When I get time I still want to machine the bar end so it can mount to that directly, and replace the grip. I've had issues with even expensive bar end mirrors flopping around due to the vibration and/or shitty roads where I live.
What about KTM bar end mirrors? I put a thin double sided tape over my bar ends before I put on the mirrors and apart from stopping scratches, enabled me to do them up really tight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts