KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was expecting a bodywork update to the SX this year with a change to the EXC next, surprised to see it’s visually the same.

·
Registered
9,234 Posts
🤣🤣🤣
No surprise really. I think things haven’t gone their way for a while now. Less wins, less customers, less cash = less updates? They’ve slashed teams right down. I suppose everyone has had to cut back through Rona but KTM have cut back to most from the outside looking in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
My local enduro dealer sells Beta...all 2021s sold out as they arrived. They are £1000s cheaper than KTM.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was expecting a bodywork update to the SX this year with a change to the EXC next, surprised to see it’s visually the same.
Isn't it the EXC's time for an update? There was some changes in 2020 regarding frame and plastic and now its time again in the 2 year cycle.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Isn't it the EXC's time for an update? There was some changes in 2020 regarding frame and plastic and now its time again in the 2 year cycle.
for a while now they have updated the SX (and TC/FC) the year before the enduro versions. So you see what the next years enduro looks like a year before. And with 3 year cycles.

Sx upgrade 2016 model released in ‘15
exc upgrade 2017 model released in ‘16

SX upgrade 2019 model released in ‘18
exc upgrade 2020 model released in ’19

so expecting 2022 sx model to be upgraded
and the exc next year to the same shape

But like Pindie says, KTM’s been impacted so pulling another year out of the models makes sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts