KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking on KTM USA and the 2023 SX models look interesting. I'm not up on the SXs and the info is a bit sketchy but it looks like there is an electronic power valve. They aren't showing much engine detail and you can't see where the injectors are located.

There is a 300SX in the range, is this new?

https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/mx/2-stroke/ktm-300-sx-2023.html

Registered
New peg design! Helps with scrubbing apparently. There will be loads of cleaners after these.

No mention of tpi. Just Keihin EFI? Interesting.

Registered
Well this has got me all in a titter now鈥

57hp is a solid number鈥 I was holding out for the new framed 2023 250SX for the track and this turns up鈥 bang a 6th gear in it and you鈥檝e got the ultimate desert weapon and track bike鈥

How do I feel about all the extra electronics on the power valve and TBI though?

Over my well sorted 2015 300 with Lectron, kick start, SXS CDI which can be swapped for the EXC one鈥 no balancer shaft but PHDS mounts and FasstCo pegs (the bollocks for pre-17 bikes, don鈥檛 realise how much you need them till you buy them鈥). Hmmm鈥

Still want one though鈥

Administrator
Well this has got me all in a titter now鈥

57hp is a solid number鈥 I was holding out for the new framed 2023 250SX for the track and this turns up鈥 bang a 6th gear in it and you鈥檝e got the ultimate desert weapon and track bike鈥

How do I feel about all the extra electronics on the power valve and TBI though?

Over my well sorted 2015 300 with Lectron, kick start, SXS CDI which can be swapped for the EXC one鈥 no balancer shaft but PHDS mounts and FasstCo pegs (the bollocks for pre-17 bikes, don鈥檛 realise how much you need them till you buy them鈥). Hmmm鈥

Still want one though鈥
Or wait until the 300 EXC comes out next year

Registered
Is it only me, who sees that pointy fairing as a potential danger? Would rather not have that pointing towards my tigh/hip at any given speed.
Although, I like the sharp lines on the bike.

Premium Member
Same throttle body controls (cold start and tickover) as a current 4t l saw on a tacomoto vid ........ and l thought ' why cant they do that on a 2t' .........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts