KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ho all,
I have recently got a 2005 Duke 2 640 and am looking at changing the headlight and Speedo for the 690 SMC R headlight and speedo.
Has anyone done this conversion before ??
If so any guides to carrying out ?
First issue is the duke 2 speedo being cam/cable fed where the SMC R is via a speed sensor.
Is there any aftermarket solutions that are compatible with the OEM speedo?
Any help would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Youngy, think will need to try and dig out wiring diagrams for each model to see way forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Youngy, think will need to try and dig out wiring diagrams for each model to see way forward.
Hello Mikhall , I have a 2003 duke 2 640 that I picked up cheap with 1 owner very low miles , I am trying to do the same as you , I have brought everything apart from the speedo as I am stuck with this solution , I have been looking everywhere to see pics or what speedo to use , if you have or come across any information , please share . I will also do the same if I find any thing (y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the 690 smcr and 690 enduro 2012 used the same speedo. If so, the speedo is fed from a sensor mounted on the fork leg that picks up the frequency of the disc bolts passing by.
I have no idea if your dash has the same connection on the rear, I doubt it though.
Do you have an electronic pickup for the revs?
Actually... after thinking more....Considering the age of a 640, the 690 ecu setup is unlikely to have any compatibility with the newer dash...
The 640s a carbie no?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Mikhall , I have a 2003 duke 2 640 that I picked up cheap with 1 owner very low miles , I am trying to do the same as you , I have brought everything apart from the speedo as I am stuck with this solution , I have been looking everywhere to see pics or what speedo to use , if you have or come across any information , please share . I will also do the same if I find any thing (y)
Hi Digi tech, yes will let you know how I get on thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts