KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
He's got collectors for the 2021 bike and then you can fit a can from the 2017-2020 bikes. He's used the Euro4 SC Project.

There are details in the comments of the video clip.

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
He's got collectors for the 2021 bike and then you can fit a can from the 2017-2020 bikes. He's used the Euro4 SC Project.

There are details in the comments of the video clip.
Just bolts on? I got the impression he replaced the headers? The headers have a small cat on the end.
It looks exactly the same on both bikes to me.
But I asked the local SC importer if it would fit and he said to wait until is verified by SC factory, in case it's slightly different and won't fit cleanly.
I'd prefer a euro 4 if it bolts straight on. It appears all the euro 5 crap is in the can?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The previous cans definitely do not fit.

That guy has the Arrow headers or link pipe (he mentions both in different videos) then you can fit the exhaust from the previous model. So not 100% sure which. Either way it's an expensive solution.

Hoping the aftermarket cans don't have a cat in them for Euro5. As well as dulling the sound, it would also make them quite expensive. Maybe that's one reason the Akrapovic is so expensive. I've heard the Arrow may be around £800...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Where did you get that price as it's still not on B&C Express website yet. Think the price might have been in euros that I saw as I thought it was a bit high.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Recently test rode the 2021. Decided it wasn't for me as all the extra gubbins/tech is surplus to my requirements and it would have required a 'raised' seat to fit my 6' 2' frame which costs extra - ridiculous. Instead, I bought one of the last 2020 models almost £4K less than new model. No problem with accessories as everybody rushing to buy the 2021 model is selling off bars/panniers/ screen etc from their old one in an attempt to defray the cost of the trade in. Consequently the high availability of second hand stuff, some almost as new, is depressing prices. I have bought oem panniers, unmarked, a full set of bars, unmarked and givi screen, as new, for less than £500 all in. Happy with my decision. I'm also never that keen on the first version of of any greatly modified bike as these days manufacturers seem to use us as unpaid quality assurance, releasing the updated model with all the faults we identified ironed out around 18 months after the first release.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I thought there was a decent improvement, and at 5' 10" it definitely fits me better.

Taller riders do seem to prefer the older model, which needed a replacement seat of some form as the standard one was a church pew.

Wouldn't have been disappointed if the numbers hadn't added up and I'd kept my old one though. Both amazing bikes.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
They offered me a 5% discount on the can and there was a thread somewhere where someone recently made a purchase from Italy and no VAT was charged.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I thought there was a decent improvement, and at 5' 10" it definitely fits me better.

Taller riders do seem to prefer the older model,
which needed a replacement seat of some form as the standard one was a church pew.

Wouldn't have been disappointed if the numbers hadn't added up and I'd kept my old one though. Both amazing bikes.
Agree with that - the old one suited tall riders far better out of the box than the new one. At 6' 3" have had to lower the foot pegs (SW Motech), fit the high Ergo seat and move Handle bars to the forward position as well as fitting an adjustable gear lever tip to get the ergos to work for me.
Worth it though ☺

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Paul, is it now as roomy as the old model?

I am about 6'2 (starting to shrink - but might take a while to make a big enough difference) and leg room is my biggest requirement, the new bike felt very low on a demo ride, like a GS where you sit "in" rather than on, put me off it, also prefer to be sat "on" as I feel more in control, would buy a Harley if I wanted to be sat low and back - and at least you can put your feet up with them.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Paul, is it now as roomy as the old model?

I am about 6'2 (starting to shrink - but might take a while to make a big enough difference) and leg room is my biggest requirement, the new bike felt very low on a demo ride, like a GS where you sit "in" rather than on, put me off it, also prefer to be sat "on" as I feel more in control, would buy a Harley if I wanted to be sat low and back - and at least you can put your feet up with them.
With the mods - yes about as roomy as the old model and have got close to having the same feel in terms of riding position.

One of the reasons the new one can feel very low is that the suspension can be set in a low position which most dealers will do with their demo to attract shorter riders. If you get another test ride get them to put the suspension preload in the "Auto High position" - it will change the stance of the bike somewhat!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The demo I rode had it set on 30% - felt like the rear shock had collapsed, I pumped it right up to 100% and it felt better - but was already at the limit before I added luggage or hit a smooth twisty Alpine road...

...So in effect it might as well come with zero adjustment as it would never be set on anything but max for me. On my 18 I will use solo + Luggage even when not loaded on smoother / faster stuff, or 2-up setting when 1-up with luggage as I prefer the steering / feel with a little bit more pre-load.

If only the 18 models could be adjusted on the fly, the fact the 21 can is now a moot point :-(

·
Registered
931 Posts
The demo I rode had it set on 30% - felt like the rear shock had collapsed, I pumped it right up to 100% and it felt better - but was already at the limit before I added luggage or hit a smooth twisty Alpine road...

...So in effect it might as well come with zero adjustment as it would never be set on anything but max for me. On my 18 I will use solo + Luggage even when not loaded on smoother / faster stuff, or 2-up setting when 1-up with luggage as I prefer the steering / feel with a little bit more pre-load.

If only the 18 models could be adjusted on the fly, the fact the 21 can is now a moot point :-(
You need to try one with Suspension Pro activated and then use the auto pre-load options - you can then set in either low, standard or high and the suspension will still automatically adjust to allow for your weight/load ;)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Can you still fine tune with slider or does the bike then take over, my biggest gripe is not being able to adjust how I like it, rather than how a computer tells me I should like it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts