KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit down on a 2006 250 EXC...completely standard, with px for my bike. It's fully road registered and ready to go.

Paid £2500.

This is my first enduro bike, going to do a couple of local competitions and some green laning...

Good choice?

·
Registered
887 Posts
It will frighten the shite out of you.......AND you shuld've bought mine....!!! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I would have but I couldnt sell my bike, px was the only option

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shag?

I've only ever been called that by 1 friend (who's welsh) lol

What sort of mods would ppl recommend?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
a set of backgrounds and a tank of fuel!!

that is head and shoulders over the other stuff you were looking at. nice looking bike!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I had an '06 250exc, great bike, your bike looks bang tidy in yir pics, enjoy

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Oh if you really insist on doing some mods, member on here Sheep911UK has a great set of Black KTM plastics for sale... he sent me a pic and they look sweet as a nut... would have snapped them up but just sent for some new graphics to keep it orange.... bargain too...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers for the replies, really excited now!

It's got 48 hours use from new :)

Think I'm just gonna get some hand guards, there's a spare rear mudguard getting thrown in with it..

Anybody on here from up 'norf'?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Liverpool :cool:

Any good shops up here? Need to buy some kit.

What sort of kit do ppl wear for enduro's? Just MX kit?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
ebay mate! otherwise put a wanted ad on here... you can get stuff 2nd hand so cheap! if you go to a KTM dealer you will come out, as member NottinghamForest said, looking like "a far right Dutch Nationalist"!

probably better with mx trousers and an enduro jacket, thin to win IMHO, thick jackets get very warm in a race!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about tracks? Somewhere to play on the new toy?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
littleslip

Congrats on the bike mate.

For KTM dealers try Route55 at Deeside, ask for Ian or Trevor, they are a great bunch of chaps down there. There is also speedaway on tinternet. if its just clothing, ebays good for cheapo deals.

Your welcome to come out with us if you wish, we are only in Runcorn

I just wear MX gear, as you will sweating ya knackers off after 5 mins. When winter sets in, just a jacket over you MX gear. OH and warm gloves in winter.

Its a great laugh when you find out were to go, thats the hard part!!

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
littleslip

Congrats on the bike mate.

For KTM dealers try Route55 at Deeside, ask for Ian or Trevor, they are a great bunch of chaps down there. There is also speedaway on tinternet. if its just clothing, ebays good for cheapo deals.

Your welcome to come out with us if you wish, we are only in Runcorn

I just wear MX gear, as you will sweating ya knackers off after 5 mins. When winter sets in, just a jacket over you MX gear. OH and warm gloves in winter.

Its a great laugh when you find out were to go, thats the hard part!!

Regards

Peter
Cheers Peter, my dad knows Ian quite well and i've been in touch with him quite a lot while trying to buy a bike, checking frame numbers and advice etc. I'll check out that website as I've got a bit of paypal funds that i use to buy toys with!

I'm gonna get some mx and trials gear as it's quite thin and light, and a good jacket.

I'll definitely come out with you, if you pm me your number il get in touch. Theres a couple of us, my mates got a road legal crf 450 so we'll just throw them on a trailer. Where do you go? Green lanes or tracks?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I mainly do the lanes in Wales,around Chirk/Llangollen area, used to do a lot last year, then sold up!

But have just got new wheels and there's a few of us now who enjoy the laning thing.

I have gone to Berwyn leisure park, good endoro/mx track, it's not too mental, and it's at the bottom of the Wayferer, which is a fairly easy green lane, near Llanarmon, about 10miles from Chirk.

There's loads of tracks around, but it's not really my thing.Why buy a road legal Enduro bike and use it on a mx track!!

Go to Wales and stick to the green lanes, it's a great laugh.

Also google WOR events, well run enduro days, they run beginner days(REDS Days)

Regards

peter

·
Registered
107 Posts
CONGRATS, lovely looking bike, im in the wrap round hand guards, Acerbis do a nice looking hand guard, orange with metal core. I think they are both good looking and good and strong,, id also have a look inside the tyres and make sure you are on heavy duty tubes,, If the bike had just arrive in my shed,, id rise out the tank just to be sure, te be sure as they say on father ted. Take the spark plug out and have a look at the colour of it, should be chocolate brown, and stick a new one in,, while your at it,, with the tank off theres a couple of wire plugs under the tank, unplug them and spray all with the "damp repellant" oil spray. Maybe a new air filter,, id put some "loctite" on the kick start bolt,, they're a bitch for loosening. Air filter,, all these wee things are cheap as chips.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts