KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 exc 250 rfs header is looking like its got leprosy. Big flakes coming off it at the point where the 2 pipes from the head join into one. My last KTM did this to the point that a small hole appeared. I was lucky enough to find a 2nd hand one that time, thinking I may not have that good fortune again.

So my question is this - is there an aftermarket alternative, possibly in stainless, or do I just have to get a standard KTM item? I dont want a full system - quite happy with what I've got.

I'd like to get this sorted before the hole appears again - was a pain in the arse last time.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Someone on ebay sells stainless headers.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that. Had a quick look - couldnt find anything specific to my bike, but the ones I did find were stupidly expensive.

Standard KTM replacement is 140 quid. Last one lasted 5 years, by the time a new one falls apart the bike will be toast anyway.

So its the peasants option for me I think - do it as cheap as possible.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Less than £100 for the stainless one. Does not seem to be listed at the moment, do a search on here cos it got mentioned quite recently.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The ones on ebay are £75 but i have contacted a guy who bought one and they dont fit ,they need cutting at the silencer end and the two front pipes need to be prised apart slightly to get them to fit.They are having some more in few weeks time that should fit ok .

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you got any details for who "They" might be?
I've looked again and I still cant find anything. Tried the search function and came up with zilch aswell.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent stuff. As you say , nothing listed for my bike right now, but I will give them a call.

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got one for my 2005 450 had to bend it a little to get it to fit but works ok the finish doesent last long goes brown with the heat but at least it wont rust

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just spoke to the bloke - they dont do one for the 250, only the 450.
I tried telling him mines actually a 350, but it didnt make any difference:hmh:

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
I think the 04 250 had the same header as the 450/525.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
the 250 is a little slimmer bore...

where the 450 is a little fatter...

that said, the very front part looks a similar bore, I wouldnt be surprised if you could make it fit... would be good to offer it up before handing over any money though!!

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
the 250 is a little slimmer bore...

where the 450 is a little fatter...

that said, the very front part looks a similar bore, I wouldnt be surprised if you could make it fit... would be good to offer it up before handing over any money though!!
on the >05 bikes... but the 04 had the same bore me thinks??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts