KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help !!
Just about to buy a new 2011 xc and need some feedback as to how the 250 and 300 compare, had an 09 250 n loved it bur can't get the chance to ride 300 so before I buy I would realy like to hear from anyone who had ridden both, going to be mainly laning and love power delivery and lightness of the smokers, please help
regards
Al

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i've had 5 250's and 2 300's over the years and tend to prefer the 250 for racing as you can ring it's neck, on the 300 it has a bit to much power for that. for laning though i would go 300 every time especially as they have finally put in a 6 speed box for 2011

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool thanks mate I was a bit worried the 300 maybe to much ... Having chatted with a guy at lesiure trail I'm thinking now the 300 maybe the way forward he siad he rode both and if you removed the stickers he would have trouble telling them apart, what I didn't want is to get the 300 and for it to be light n day more agresive and faster than the 250 making it harder to ride and leaving me wishing I had got the 250, it's tricky as I do love the 250 but I'm thinking I might like the 300 even more...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
No way , not cool then mate ? They look so good in the pics what didn't you like ? Do you prefer the old shape ?
i liked the tank,seat and rad shrouds, but didn't like the rear end. it looks very fussy where you've got the extra black side panel/exhaust shield things. and where the hell do you put full size numbers ?.

Not sure on the silver rims, and the bend of the bars was far to low for my liking(easy fix i know). I would have liked the 250 to have retained the 5 speed box as it is better for racing, however the 6 speed will be better for laning as it should have a taller top gear.

No linkage on the 2 strokes, still on pds.not the end of the world but would've been nice.

I think it will probably grow on me and i expect i will end up buying one at some stage it just might not be my next bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fair play mate good description I've ordered one with only seeing the pics so I'm hoping it's guna look some where near as good as it does in the pics, i recon the rear panels would look beter with White back grounds then you would loose them abit into the back end more, low bar suck when ya a lanky streak of pish like me, gone 300 this time instead of the two nifty, just hoping it will be as good as the 250 has been to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts