KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there much difference in shape/bends on the bottom pipe [250 2st]?

Reason i ask is.. i'm just about to order a DEP and wondered if i should also order a new exhaust guard as well, just in case the standard Pro carbon cover i got doesn't fit.

Can anyone that has both please tell me if they are different shape/bend or is the expansion chamber just fatter or thinner?

cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i've seen them on fleabay to, thats what had me wondering if they are diffrent bends/thickness. They look like the go alot higher up the pipe than my Pro Carb one.

If you could post your findings Steve that would be great.

cheers rich

·
Registered
591 Posts
Rich,

I swapped the DEP pipe with the standard this morning and compared them.

The bends on them are virtually identical so I would imagine that if a guard fits the standard pipe it's going to be pretty much there with the DEP.

I did notice a slight difference on the pipes on the final bend at the cylinder head end but I don't think that would affect the guard. To be safe you could always buy a guard that you can change easily and just offer it up before fitting.

Hope that helps.

Steve.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for checking Steve, Ive already got my Dep silencer on, the front pipe should be here next week, i'm glad the cover will fit, saves me spending another £60:smokin:

Thanks again Richy

·
Registered
591 Posts
No worries Rich - by the way you can look forward to a nice new crisp note once you have the front pipe on - it's a beautiful thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts