KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ride a 250 excf and wanted to change to a 2stroke. i decided on a 300exc but am waiting until the 17model in june (which I've found out nothing about as yet) .. I've since wondered if should stick with a 4 stroke and maybe buy a 350 as i ride very much using the 4 stroke bottom end power etc and am worried i will hate the 2 stroke

thought appreciated

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Buy the 350. You will hate the 300. I changed from 350/4 to a 2015 300/2....and ordered a 2017 300/2 already :)

Reactions: dtchrisk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've just moved from a excf 250 to a Husaburg te300 only been out on the 300 4-5 times and love it. It was a good move for me. I rode my mates 350f for two lanes on Sunday and must have stalled it 4 times. The 4t motors are smother on the road but the 2t are so much better off road. The 300 will tickle along in 2-3rd just off tick over and still have the toque to accelerate. I'd almost say right off the bottom there somewhere inbetwen and 250f to a 350f with a nice liner power increase to just under a 450 topend power. But not a snappy as a 450 in the mid range

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Whatever bike you buy make sure you fit tubliss !!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: steveman

·
Registered
145 Posts
So what is better a 2t or a 4t? ;)

Joking aside. The 300 will put well from low down. I do not like 250 4t and love the 300 2t. Fully just personal opinion though. Do not just buy a 300 unless you are willing to give it some time to get used to it. It's a very different beast. Once you've stopped shitting yourself on it you will be smiling forever. Until your sat on your arse that is as your bike fucks off with out you. Then your mates will be smiling/laughing.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
If you need a 4t perhaps you should be looking at cars?

Is that an inflammatory comment on a thread such as this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
TWO Stroke !!!!! Get a 300 its the one bike that will do every thing! I green lane mine,do LDT,even put supermoto wheels on it an hillclimb it . I have even won a hillclimb and a road trial on it. not done that on any other bike, what 4 stroke can you change the power from soft (road trails) to mental (hillclimbs) with a tiny spring which cost a £ 1 !!!!!!! NED

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
ned dont you mean the switch is from 'angry', to 'really angry'.

I rode 450 4t back to back with 250 2t recently and the 2t is so much better. Easier to ride, power from down low, lighter bike, more top end power than the 450, generally more ride able.

2t every day

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yeah I got both, not sure I'd race a 4t great for greenlaning, 2T great for everything except Road work between green lanes,and fuel premix on long days.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
ned dont you mean the switch is from 'angry', to 'really angry'.

I rode 450 4t back to back with 250 2t recently and the 2t is so much better. Easier to ride, power from down low, lighter bike, more top end power than the 450, generally more ride able.

2t every day
Well, I don't know about that. It's what you prefer, it's not "better" or otherwise. I had a 250 exc and it was fantastic, but I missed the torque and linear power of my 450 so i sold it. The 250 is "better" at some things but not at others but ultimately its just personal preference, not "better"

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
If you need a 4t perhaps you should be looking at cars?

Is that an inflammatory comment on a thread such as this?
You could get a Trabant?

Reactions: horna

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Well, I don't know about that. It's what you prefer, it's not "better" or otherwise. I had a 250 exc and it was fantastic, but I missed the torque and linear power of my 450 so i sold it. The 250 is "better" at some things but not at others but ultimately its just personal preference, not "better"
oh shit, I forgot I'm on a forum and didn't state that it was only my opinion.

fucking asshat

1 - 20 of 37 Posts