KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gone for my first 2 :smokin:,2011 300 Any few questions for the ktm boffins

1- Which is the best fuel mix 50-1 or 40-1 (book says 60-1!!!!!!!!!!!)

2- best gearing the greenlaning ,I am running 13-50 ( also gone for the yellow power valve spring)

3- Apparently moving the needle up-or down can help fuel consumption ,she drinks more fuel than the Gulf of Mexico . any pointers up or down ?????

4-Do I need to re-route any carb breather tubes ?

cheers
Ktmbrock

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
when we go out i use 4ltrs in the 4st, other lads 2st uses 11ltrs, , £7 more every half tank ,, add that up!!!!, most use 60.1 bud.. pipes need to go up, 14/48 is the most popular seller for lads doing a bit of road work aswell,

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which pipes Nik ?

dealer said 40-1 so I though I would ask on here

will be in touch to order some sprockets

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont say that :eek:,I chopped in my 06 450 ,had a good 4 hours out yesterday running in so much lighter and flickable than the 450

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Shit fone didnt finish my post and i cant get any of them funny blokes laphing!! Cut out tje kebabs!lol ile give you 4k and a crf 70!!!!! Lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u wont get a go because the seat is higher than 500mm:rotflmao:

u up for for a mid week week run ?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Ime home weds out weekend with the trf lot do next week if u can afford it after running it in lol these fones ate shit!!! The screens to small or ive had to much beer !!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
don't listen to the thumper lovers, 300's are the business!

I run 50:1 mix and stock gearing, i haven't found a need to change it. as for the cost of fuel , think of the money you'll save on oil and filters and expensive repairs...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Save money on a 300..lol. double the amount of fuel, 2 smoke oil, Trans oil....top end rebuild.....

still a great bike though, just need a big wallet.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I think my 300 is great on fuel to be honest!!!! and using a bit more fuel would never put me off a bike!!! 300s rock and roll!!! Can t beat em!!!

50- 1 is what I use with no problems!!!

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
A crf70????? you got one Trebble99??? would be perfect for my missus to ride............ hmm, gives me an idea for a christmas present!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts