KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In know there a other threads on this subject which I've read but I just wondered whether anyone has tried the Motobatt MBTZ7S? I've already replaced the crappy YTX4 with a YTX5 which did help the starter motor but I think the battery is not at its best now because I let it discharge over several months. The 4 has 50 amps cold cranking, the 5 gas 80 amps but the Motobatt jobbie has 100 amps cold cranking.

I know that there are the new ion batteries available but I can't be arsed buying yet another charger and I've had no luck with this sort of battery in my Triumph 1050 so I'd rather stick with the old lead jobbies!

·
Premium Member
7,071 Posts
IME, motobatt are shit. Yuasa, the one with a 7 in the spec no., was what l always had in the 300.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

They are "shit"...LOL don't hold back! Just checked out the spec of the battery that you suggested, it looks good, 130 cca… That will give the starter motor something to work with!

Cheers for the suggestion, I'm pleased that I didn't just 'charge' ahead and buy a motoshit battery now. (a 'shocking' joke but please don't take it 'negatively' !!)

·
Premium Member
7,071 Posts
Ha ha! Pete - l say it how it is! I bought one and it lasted a matter of weeks. Buy cheap, buy twice.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve got one of them in the 525XC - it would spin the 300 into next week!

Assume it fitted under the seat ok?
Its the same size as the YTX5L-BS which is about 10mm taller than the standard YTX4L-BS, the '5' fits under the seat without modifying the bike in anyway. My new battery arrives tomorrow, I'll let you know how its goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts