KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving supermoto a break for a while and fancy my hand at hare and hounds events, used to 450,s and bigger in supermoto but been advised that a 200-300 two stroke is about all i,ll need, everyone has there own personally preferance i know but what would you guys recommend for me.
Daz

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
just got back from ragging the shite outta my 300!!!! I love it !!! It does tight woods and flat out sections!!! Oh and today it was stuck solid in a very deep bog we simply lifted it out!!!! So they are light too!!!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried the 200 or 250 for comparison, whats the service intervals like on rings and pistons, hours wise that is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
just got back from ragging the shite outta my 300!!!! I love it !!! It does tight woods and flat out sections!!! Oh and today it was stuck solid in a very deep bog we simply lifted it out!!!! So they are light too!!!!
+ 1 on my third a cracking bike :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they pretty much the same spec from the last few years or is there a particular year to go for?

·
Registered
181 Posts
the 08s and newer better handling excs than previous- motor mods as well.
i have a 300, cant fault it, 100 race/practice hours, will get its first top end soon- although compression/power is fine - i just feel i ought to give it some love! it does take a bit of time to get the jetting right but well worth it. other than tyres/chains/sprocs/pads etc its not had much thrown at it- touch wood- so far.

consider how you ride and what terrain type.

if you are a flat out racer, on the pipe etc then you have to be good to ride a 300 like that - they have some real poke when you give it some- its rip your arms out time. if you ride like that then consider the 250- its more of a racer bike in my view!

if like me you like to lug and use the grunt of the 300, then its awesome and in my view better than the 250 for that style, you also have all that power on tap when you want it.

cant comment on the 200 as have only ridden a 10 year old one and that was llike a light switch, it was also poorly maintained.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts