KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, was wondering if anyone can help? I've just got a 2015 Kim 300 exc but can't get the speedo to work! Changed the battery,still nothing so I opened it up. Seems to have been some moisture in there! Has anyone had this problem? Any tips? Or anybody have one lying about for sale?

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
Have you checked the wire and sensor? They usually get damaged and the speedo then stops working

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Have you tried leaving it somewhere warm and dry overnight with the battery out and cap off to get every last bit of moisture out?

Are you sure the battery you have works? I got a new one out a packet the other day for my HR monitor and it didn't work...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had it in the house the past week, tried 2 brand new battery's still nothing:(£220 for a new one but don't really fancy paying that when this one isn't old

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Doesn't sound good. What are you like with circuit boards?

You could find a local TV repair due and get them to check the circuit board and touch up and damaged bits if water has coroded things or you have a dry joint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a electrician but not got a clue with circuit boards! Good idea,I'll have a look about see if I can find anyone:) do you know if the display is meant to come on without anything plugged in ? Like just with the battery in. And pressing the buttons?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a electrician but don't have a clue with circuit boards! Will have a look see if I can find someone local tho cheers

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Nah, I know nothing about them, electrics really are not my thing but I just wondered if it maybe an easy fix to somebody who does that kind of thing. If it's not working you have nothing to lose. PM Hubert.

If a good battery is fitted then it should come on if you press a button (or the sensor passes the magnet to send a signal). You should then be able to cycle through the settings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts