KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon!
Currently a bit torn with what to do about bikes... I have a 300 SX that has been built as a h&h weapon and a 450 exc in half rally guise.

I’ve been prepping the sx for the new season so it’s currently apart but I’m now thinking about getting a 2017 300 exc, last of the carbed ones, just as a bit of an upgrade but then that is fairly similar to the 450 exc (once back to standard).

so first question...what would be 300 sx be worth? It’s a 2012 250 sx with the 300 XC head, cdi, PV etc, running 21/18 black and gold talons, GMX rads, recluse clutch cover, boyesen ignition cover, as3 gear and brake levers, fmf gnarly onto bills silencer, XC oversize fuel tank, suspension setup for 15st enduro use. Will be totally refreshed, piston has running in time on it, clutch is brand new, linkage bearings brand new, brake callipers just stripped and serviced...

mans second question... is it worth looking at racing the 450 in enduro - h&h and timecard - I've always raced 2 strokes so not convinced on this or is it worth going newer again (450 is 2014 six days) to the 2017 ones...are there significant differences?

been thinking about this for about 3 days now and been through everything from selling 450 and putting another season on the 300 and maybe getting a 690 to racing the 450 to selling both and getting a newer 300...big decisions!

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
450 is totally possible for H&H and time card. I had one. It makes the races a personal challenge as opposed to actually racing but that is for my mass and ability. I’m a steady but sometimes capable vet and 78kg. I never cared about positions. It was just finishing and enjoying it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts