KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it’s top end rebuild, I cannot start it by electric start. When I press the start button it turns over but does not fire. The FI light does not come on either (not sure if it should or not?}
if I try to kick start it, the FI light comes on and I can hear the fuel pump run, and it will start. Also if I just kick it over to get the FI light and fuel pump to run it will then start on the electric start.
seems like when I just use electric start it’s not getting the signal to run the fuel pump or the FI?

Anyone else has this? It ran fine before the top end rebuild so I must have disturbed something?

help please

2012 350 excf

thanks

neil

·
Registered
565 Posts
Try turning the tick over up , my 350 was a pain to start on the button , like it wasn’t getting fuel, but would start when kicked. I turned it up and it was fine. Worth a try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I don’t get the FI light or fuel pump running on the starter, but do when I kick it

·
Registered
32 Posts
I recently had a similar problem, would start on kick start but not from the button, later that day the bike got worse and worse to the point of totally failing on me.
When I got it back home ,checked it all out and finally put the fault down to the voltage regulator/rectifier.
Replaced it... everything back to normal .
I've had the 350 from 2012 its the 3rd time I've replaced the regulator, this time bought aftermarket regulator for £30 just to see how it lasts....KTM regulator £120! Whats not to like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts