KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help please , the impelor failed on aride bike got roasting . turned it off, now wont start , good spark , just simply wont fire up , any help would be very appreciated

·
Registered
540 Posts
Could be, if it's got too hot. Check the clearance first before diving any deeper.
You could also use a compression gauge: plugs in where the spark plug goes, turn the engine over with the throttle open and see if its generating enough pressure.

·
Registered
540 Posts
So the next step is...have you got fuel? Is it getting through to the engine...ie is the plug wet after turning the engine over?
You could try a squirt of Easy Start to see if it fires/will run on that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no fuel coming out of injector , pump is working , f1 light says eng coolinant temp sensor ( 1long 2short blinks )

·
Registered
540 Posts
I suspect the bike's 'brain' has shut off the fuel to protect the engine from overheating damage.
It may need a dealer reset to 'clear the fault'...but you could try disconnecting the battery and leaving the bike for a few hours in the hope it forgets what happened to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
disconnected battery , no f1 light now, still wont fire up , would a faulty eng temp sensor act as safety cut out ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes, I'd leave it for a while, then go again.

You may need a KTM dealer or someone with a proprietary code reader to help you, but disconnecting the battery can sometimes work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im going to take it to local bike shop to read the fault codes , will update as soon as i have info , thx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts