KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I bought a duke 125 for my stepson when he got his A1 license. you could clearly notice the difference in plastics quality, but other than that we had not a single issue with it mechanically. the only point worth mentioning was the leaking left fork leg cap, which was rectified according a "bullet-in" by applying some liquid sealant on the thread and remount.

later on we got a factory-kit lowered 390 duke for the missus. needed new engine covers and other things from a previous fall, all came in dead cheap (seriously: NEW alternator cover 1st gen 390 only €38!!) the quality of the aluminium engine cases and covers is also noticeable, I can't describe it but you will notice when you see/feel/ping the machined/unpainted parts of the aluminium.
mechanically again not a single issue with the bike.

I suppose if the bikes can survive Indian (ab)use, and properly prepared for wet conditions they should be alright in Europe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The KTM 390 Adventure is taking forever to materialise in KTM dealers. A new bike is shown at all the major motorcycle shows in the autumn. Then NOTHING for six months. Best described as ‘bike tease’.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts