KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after absolutely no joy with a beringer 6 pot i bought off fleabay, ive gave up with it, and getting a refund.
So now im brakeless....:frown:
So im after a brembo 4 pot and adaptor for my 520 exc, it has to be fully working and ideally with pads.

anyone??

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have a pair or Brembos left and right and a KIY adapter make me an offer all complete with pads etc

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
The KIY adapter isnt a direct fit but its nearly there, its need a bit of spacing out on the fork legs to get the caliper dead centre and a bit of meat taking off the lower leg to get the disc bolts to clear because you have to space the disc off the hub plus its all for a 320mm not 310 like you need steve.

You need either a 4 or 6 pot beringer to fit that mount of fork legs or a radial 4 pot to fit a radial mount.

If you buy a brembo and kevs bracket you'll be pulling your hair out again, trust me you will.

get your money back for the beringer and keep looking for another one ;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
How about a gold beringer 4-piston? Just the caliper, in good nick, bit of a scuff from spokes on the back - not unusual. Pads are almost new. £100 delivered.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a gold beringer 4-piston? Just the caliper, in good nick, bit of a scuff from spokes on the back - not unusual. Pads are almost new. £100 delivered.
Sounds like a plan!
You got any pics mate? Is it all working ok? Sorry to ask but with the stress I've just had with this 6 pot!!

Where are u based? Only I'm having trouble with paypal.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
The KIY adapter isnt a direct fit but its nearly there, its need a bit of spacing out on the fork legs to get the caliper dead centre and a bit of meat taking off the lower leg to get the disc bolts to clear because you have to space the disc off the hub plus its all for a 320mm not 310 like you need steve.

You need either a 4 or 6 pot beringer to fit that mount of fork legs or a radial 4 pot to fit a radial mount.

If you buy a brembo and kevs bracket you'll be pulling your hair out again, trust me you will.

get your money back for the beringer and keep looking for another one ;)
Partial bollocks!!

There is no need to touch the forkleg!

Yes, the disc needs a spacer so the caliper clears the spokes... just like the standard KTM wheels and caliper on a 660/625 SMC with the same caliper, then the bracket needs final adjustment by using a couple of M10 plain washers until the caliper is central on the disc. But once set up its dead easy to remove and refit.

A 320 Braking disc and decent pads in a 4pad Brembo caliper on my bracket will give a very responsive brake with good feedback and no fade....plus you dont need to mess about deglazing the disc all the time like you do with a Beringer, they get really wooden if you dont treat them to a rub with 3M pad and brake cleaner from time to time ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im as confused as ever now...... who would think its this hard to sort a brake caliper out for a bike!! its not alot to ask.... is it!
i dont know wether to keep my 6 pot and fork out for a repair kit ...£49 from corsa itliana or get rid and have that 4 pot off 9trumpet??? help people.... im running out of time to sort it...

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Partial bollocks!!

There is no need to touch the forkleg!

Yes, the disc needs a spacer so the caliper clears the spokes... just like the standard KTM wheels and caliper on a 660/625 SMC with the same caliper, then the bracket needs final adjustment by using a couple of M10 plain washers until the caliper is central on the disc. But once set up its dead easy to remove and refit.

A 320 Braking disc and decent pads in a 4pad Brembo caliper on my bracket will give a very responsive brake with good feedback and no fade....plus you dont need to mess about deglazing the disc all the time like you do with a Beringer, they get really wooden if you dont treat them to a rub with 3M pad and brake cleaner from time to time ;)
LOL

kev thats what i had to do to get it to work with your bracket and 65mm brembo, i could have used different disc bolts that were shallower so they dont catch the botttom of the fork leg. Its was only a smidge but it did catch ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL

kev thats what i had to do to get it to work with your bracket and 65mm brembo, i could have used different disc bolts that were shallower so they dont catch the botttom of the fork leg. Its was only a smidge but it did catch ;)

i think a 4 pot beringer or fix my 6 pot is the way then!
mark did you get my pm's about yolk etc?

steve

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like a plan!
You got any pics mate? Is it all working ok? Sorry to ask but with the stress I've just had with this 6 pot!!

Where are u based? Only I'm having trouble with paypal.
Nowhere near Derby! I'm based near surrey/hants/w. sussex border.
If it was me (and depending on whats wrong with it), I'd persevere with the 6 pot. Is it dodgy seals? Get the repair kit - real easy job to take the caliper apart and put back together (must be - I've done it!), then you know it's good for many hours/miles. They're absolutely blindin brakes when set up well - and with the right m/c, bit of a bitch to bleed though.
I haven't tried out my 4 pot - bought it to keep until I sell my bike, so I can bung that on and keep the 6 pot! Will let it go for the right money though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nowhere near Derby! I'm based near surrey/hants/w. sussex border.
If it was me (and depending on whats wrong with it), I'd persevere with the 6 pot. Is it dodgy seals? Get the repair kit - real easy job to take the caliper apart and put back together (must be - I've done it!), then you know it's good for many hours/miles. They're absolutely blindin brakes when set up well - and with the right m/c, bit of a bitch to bleed though.
I haven't tried out my 4 pot - bought it to keep until I sell my bike, so I can bung that on and keep the 6 pot! Will let it go for the right money though.

i need to sort something, i dont know if its worth paying 50 squid on a repair kit, and to have a nightmare bleeding it....
it sounds like there a cow of a job anyway, i wish i could have a brembo 4 pot but i cant be arsed with the spacing issues.
ill let you know about caliper... cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
LOL

My bike, button allen screws

Headsters bike, standard M6 bolts by the look of it

You have to trim the fork guard, but not the fork... unless you have a really wide disc spacer? I use about 4mm, maybe 6mm max.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now if I can do that yeh!!!
Brembo's obviously as sharp as beringers but I guess there less trouble all round. But I need someone who has the right caliper and an adaptor, and pref someone to install it for me... I'm fed up with messin about with brakes at min

·
Registered
193 Posts
have you still got the six pot then bud? ... i could use one of them ,is it radial mounting?. oh and by the way its a nightmare i've been trying to source one for about a month

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
have you still got the six pot then bud? ... i could use one of them ,is it radial mounting?. oh and by the way its a nightmare i've been trying to source one for about a month
Hi mate yeah I still got it, gave up with it. It wants new seals but I've had my fill with it.! It's not radial no.
Pm me if interested

1 - 18 of 18 Posts