KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 350's got 400hrs on it now,doesn't use oil,no power loss
i'll take the top end off in the summer and have a look,original piston,2nd set of rings

so when do you rebuild a 4 stroke enduro bike?

hopefully before it goes bang

cheers

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
At 400 hours I would say is a very good time to overhaul the complete engine, though I know one that run 500 hours and is still on its second piston. But the chance that it goes tits increases every day...

Reactions: tools

·
Registered
158 Posts
If it’s not using oil & only been trail ridden don’t bother just check valves, as to do a full rebuild will cost you a fortune. when you come to sell it just advertise it like everyone else ie filters cleaned every ride oil changed every other ride just had new piston & my all time favourite only done 50hrs ( they forget to add before speedo cable removed) :D :D :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
piston kit in,started first time,higher tick over due to more compression maybe
all valve clearances were out,new camchain and valve stem seals
1st short ride next Tuesday,cool down overnight,2nd short ride,oil change
then ride and see

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Rag it for a bit each time in the first few rides. Get some inertia (not abuse) into the motor and it will be fine. Nannied engines seem to have more issues than used, not abused engines.

Reactions: steveman

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
On and off the throttle for 30 mins to bed rings in and your done. 30 mins mineral oil, then onto normal oil. I used to do mineral, semi then fully synth, but retrospect tells me that was a bit overkill.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks lads
it's gona rain this week,should be fun

Reactions: Ship

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
On and off the throttle for 30 mins to bed rings in and your done. 30 mins mineral oil, then onto normal oil. I used to do mineral, semi then fully synth, but retrospect tells me that was a bit overkill.
What Ship says, up and down the revs, literally open it up let it decelarate 👍

Reactions: Ship
1 - 12 of 12 Posts