KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a little think and I MIGHT sell my 640 and get a 450/525, now.......

What would be best suited, it would only be used for weekend fun and possible getting a second setup for green laning.

Oh yeah, I'm 6ft 3 and 16st so I aint a small chap :rolleyes: that's why I'm not sure about a 450. And what would the seat height be like as I'm quite comforable aboard the 640.

The million dollar question would also be, what is my bike worth (with standard wheels, I aint letting those casts go that easily ;))

Cheers

bM

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Id go for the 525 with your weight, no offence intended, but im only 5'6" and weight 11st on a bad day and i love my 525. One thing i would do though if you get one is to have the suspension setup to your weight, i had mine done earlier this year and it made so much difference to the handling not that it was bad in the first place.

Wouldn't have a clue how much your 640 would be worth. Have a look around on things like ebay, biketrader, pistonheads etc to get a good idea and see the sort of prices they are going for.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
6' 2 and anything up to 18st on a good day. I used to own a 450exc and it has plenty of power to hoist the front end up in 5th gear on the throttle. Physically there is no difference between the 450 and the 525. Having ridden both,i would buy the 450 again but that is probably because i prefer the power delivery of the 450.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
^^^
I agree!! the chasis is the same, just a different barrel/head... 450 power delivery is really nice!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've got a 525, mates got a 450. There's not reallly any difference in full power (SM set-up, they're neck and neck) , just the way they deliver the power. The 525 has more shunt off the bottom, so seems to fire out of corners better. I love mine, and if you want the power to be lazy you can, but by crikey it's got some go (especially with the carb set-up right).

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the input fellas.

I aint butting feck all of yours Panda, thanks for the offer though :D no seriously had a very bad personal experience with a Husky, great bikes but wouldn't go back :frown:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
There is a 450 SMR for sale but you saw it already.. That 450 is to fecking clean :eek:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Don't worry mate, you will find one ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts