KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gathering opinions on a KTM 525 EXC racing?

Are these good for doing enduro's? I can imagine them being a bit big and heavy etc, I'm sort of new to enduro but have done trials and road racing, and I'm like 6ft 3 and about 15 stone.

Been offered this one:

It's 2004, just going to get some more details about it.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
It wouldn't be my choice for an enduro bike. I prefer something with a lot less power that i can still hang onto once i start to get tired.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless i get really really fit lol

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
525's allright for trailriding,lots of fun
enduro needs smaller cc's etc.....................
250-450
whatever makes you smile............:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think that a big lad like you, being new to enduro bikes, would not be able to tell which rfs ( 400, 450 or 525 ) you were racing if you were not made aware of the engine displacement. All 3 are practically the same weight and, provided you know not to open the throttle too much in some situations, will behave very similarly.

I base this on the fact that I swap my 525 with mates on 450s and 400s and none of us notice any difference, except in 5th & 6th gears when you open up the 525. I'm a skinny 52 year old 75kgs and my 525 goes everywhere their smaller displacement bikes go, and guess who's always sitting at the top of the hill filming them coming up ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts