KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KTM 300 EXC 2007 for enduro motocross READY TO RACE on eBay (end time 16-Sep-10 20:42:26 BST)

Ok I spotted this odd loking "6 days" on ebay and asked the following:

Dear mgmotorcycles10,

Hi I'm just looking at your ktm. It is listed as a sixdays. Can you tell me why it has the wrong forks (should be black) fitted and standard yokes (should be gold).

Thanks

Reply:​

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm led to believe that the six days bikes have silver forks and the standard exc have the black. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the model to know whether it should have gold yokes. All the paperwork, receipts from purchase etc state that it's a six days model and the paperwork ties in with the chassis and engine numbers etc and that's what we've gone on for the listing. Hope that helps, kind regards, matt.

- mgmotorcycles10

So is this a 6 days or not?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
It looks like its been assembled from a few bikes :dozey:

The forks and wheels certainly aren't 07

·
Registered
987 Posts
hmmmmm its the silver aerosol that does it for me :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
This bike is meant to be getting delivered to me on Monday, swapping it for my road bike.

Just doing a bit of background checks on it etc but i dont know enough about KTM's to notice small differences between the models.

The phone number checks out correct etc, I'm just waiting for the frame number off them.

Do you think its dodgy?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
looks a wee bit 'saggy' to me... definitely doesnt look like the one above. shiny tyres and a painted pipe, new graphics/plastics make it look like a bit of a tart up to me.... however if you got it for a song it should be fine but check it all over and make sure it all ties in (ie it is actually from 2007!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi
If i was you i'd leave it alone. 2007 was bad year.

Try and get a 2008 onwards as they are alot better bike. (new frame etc)

Alex

·
Registered
766 Posts
Leave this heap of shit well alone !!! There are plenty of 2nd hand genuine bikes available , this looks as dodgy as fook to me !

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Look like 03 to 05 forks (gold looking). 06 wheels (silver rims, silvergrey hubs)

Give any KTM dealer the last 6 digits of the frame number and he will tell you the year, engine number and supplying dealer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
hi mate ring marion turner at

KTM-Sportmotorcycle UK Ltd
KTM House, Ward Road, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7LE
Phone +44 (0) 1280 709500
Fax +44 (0) 1280 709689
KTM.com - Ready to Race - KTM-Sportmotorcycle AG
Registered in England and Wales with registration number 03595719

or email here [email protected] with vin no and if its a uk bike she will tell you excatly what it is ,did one for me last week ,very helpfull

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi
If i was you i'd leave it alone. 2007 was bad year.

Try and get a 2008 onwards as they are alot better bike. (new frame etc)

Alex
had a new 250exc every year for the last 5 years and swear my 07 was best bike ive ever had.
if a brand new 07 came up for sale now i would definately have it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The VIN number the guy sent me checks up to be 07....but the last 6 numbers of the VIN don't register on the KTM system. I've looked at pics of 300 EXC Six Days and they all have silver forks.

Also, I'm in a bit of a bad situation really, I need to sell my road bike as I cant afford to keep it any more, and this is the only genuine interest I've had in the bike, depsite selling it at £500 below the suggested price.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
^^^
That sets a massive alarm bell ringing in my head...

Still be keen not to take it, if it is getting this response on here it is obviously not an easy seller... what you selling out of curiosity?

I would try to sell your bike on here and if you buy one from here you stand a good chance of getting a good one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts