KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick my 625 smc up tommorow after a 7 week repair, Just had a major engine rebuild done at Leisure Trail Uk, cant speek highly enough about them, the service as been spot on and they have kept me informed about what has been needed. Its had all bottom end bearings(mains and big end) little end bearing, new piston, barrel has had to be re- plated both oil pumps replaced (original cause was seized oil pump) etc,cant wait to ride it again and hopefully it will be good again:D

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Hope it all goes well fella :D
Can i ask what mileage did the failure occur at?

Mine shit its main bearings at 6500k :mad:
but is now on 10,000 and running sweet :smokin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope it all goes well fella :D
Can i ask what mileage did the failure occur at?

Mine shit its main bearings at 6500k :mad:
but is now on 10,000 and running sweet :smokin:
It had 5500 miles on when i noticed a heavy knocking noise so i got it down to leisure trail straight away, seems to be the norm most people say about 6k and they shit themselves.obviously a highly strung single cylinder

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I was told by the guy that rebuilt mine that the crank was a fair way out of true and may well have been out from the factory and got worse :eek:

I have noticed it runs smoother after the rebuild so maybe it wasn't bullshit :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice to know I'm not the only 625 owner whos mains shit themselfs at 6.5k.
Mines just been repaired too, although I dont have the money to get it back yet! Its been in there for months!

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
i no many with 15k 25k and 35k still running fine. and seen some under 5k with issues. must be a luck thing

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
mines on 15k....... all is well (touch wood)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine shit its mains at 11,600miles. Then following a £1000 engine rebuild shit itself again in a major way 444miles later (holed casings etc).

Words failed me...

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Nearly 20,000 on miy 640 and no sign of it exploding or imploding. I just don't subscribe to schoolboy theories that these engines are fragile.

I'm very suspicious of low mileage bikes that go pop - Maybe something to do with muppet owners who only ride them very occassionaly and they seize up through a lack of use, rev them silly with a cold engine and service them incorrectly.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nearly 20,000 on miy 640 and no sign of it exploding or imploding. I just don't subscribe to schoolboy theories that these engines are fragile.

I'm very suspicious of low mileage bikes that go pop - Maybe something to do with muppet owners who only ride them very occassionaly and they seize up through a lack of use, rev them silly with a cold engine and service them incorrectly.
Got to agree mine has hit 7k mark and still going strong used nearly every day and gets ridden hard, but does get regular oil and filter changes and a spark plug, i love it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Must admit i bought this bike because it had low miles didnt realise this could give me any probs, The chap who owned it before me bought it brand new and rode it a while and then went abroad and left it stood in his garage for some time and the started riding it again. this could have been the start of the trouble. Anyway got the bike home and noticed a slight oil leak so i phoned Leisure Trail UK up and spoke to Neil who insisted they came out to my house to take it back and sort it, but he came and fixed it on site.Now thats what i call fantastic service! I can honestly say i will be using them again and would reccomend them to you guys. Once again a big thankyou to Leisure Trail UK.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Well now get out and enjoy it!

Always let it warm up gently (oil and coolant) before thoroughly exercising it - change the oil and filters regularly and just have fun, fun, fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts