KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!

Could someone explain into detail on how to change the clutch fluid on my bike please? (04 plate 625 smc)

Cheers guys...the manual does not have this information well it does have some bits but not all i believe.

cheers guys thank you quite urgent aswell!:scooter:

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
Buy two syringes of ebay or a vets and 1m of small bore clear plastic tube from B&Q. Some people sell the complete bleeding kit on ebay.

Attach about 150mm of tube to each of the syringes.
Fill one syringe with ATF (any AutomaticTransmissionFluid from any garage or car parts shop)
Take the top of the master cylinder and suck it dry with the other syringe.
Undo the slave cylinder nipple and take it off and clean it out incase mud is in there.
Replace the nipple but leave it 1 full turn out and attach the full syringe.
Push the syringe to force ATF through the system. Around 40ml will do it easy. Keep the level of the master cylinder down by sucking out as required, or just let it overflow :)
Dont worry if it leaks from the threads of the nipple on the slave.
When it is done, tighten the nipple, detact the clean syringe and then set the level in the master cylinder to 4mm below top.
Clean up the rubber bellows thing inside the top, make sure it is not kinked and refit it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought i might as well add to this thread rather than making another one.

Recently the gearing has been very weird as i have mentioned before as sometimes the clutch seems to loose compression at some points meaning when i squeeze the clutch to change gear just before it's very soft which i dont know why? could this be because of the clutch fluid is disgusting and needs changing or? how many problems can having dirty clutch fluid cause?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am quite noobish with bikes matey not that technical lol only the basics what do you mean and how do i get to fix this? sorry

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
The engine pressure pushes back the slave piston, so you have to pump it back hence the spongeyness.

On top of the motor there will be a big black tube, make sure it is not kinked or blocked with crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts