7,201 Posts
625 smc

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
625 SMC (well i`d choose the 660 SMC :burnout: but thats coz i`m man enough to start them lol) :D
coz they`re ace and never fail to put a smile on yer mug

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
i had a duke 1 now have a 625

if i were never to do ant green lanes or track day with a dirt section then i would prolly have the duke, cuz it is more set up for the road. but the 625 has got more "go"

test ride them back to back

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
625 I reckon....I love my Duke 2 a lot but I reckon setting up a 625 with a more road biased susp' would be a more grin inducing. Saying that the Duke 2 is still a great bike for general hooning around on back roads, B roads and undulating, twistier A's. I think I will keep my Duke and add a second to the garage...:D

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
greedy bassa

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
625 SMC..
It's lightweight, powerful, beauty and it's not a duke.. lol :D

Despite its racing style you have a bigger suspension travel comparing to duke and it's a pure SM.. (against duke :D)
Duke has more road characteristics but I don't like it that much..

Of course it's up to you.. go and test them ;)

Crispy, my 625 is my first bike.. few years ago I was thinking of selling it but my ex didn't let me... now I realize that this was probably the only good advice that she gave me :D :)
So the 625 will stay forever :) :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
i imagine my 660 will outlast my miss lol god i hope she dont read this or the bike will outlive me lmao

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i imagine my 660 will outlast my miss lol god i hope she dont read this or the bike will outlive me lmao
I hope you last long enough to add more advice on here as I am still unsure, hoping to go and see a highish mileage 625 tomorrow 16k - Thoughts.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
As I've said before Kev,
If it ain't rattling like a bag of spanners and has been well maintained, you won't go far wrong ;)

pm'd

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I've just sold my 625 after four years of loyal service :frown:
Time for a change.................

So i've bought an R1 :smokin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OUCH! That sounds painful in the wallet area, how much did that cost?

Is that just through use or what?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
It was my only transport and was used everyday, but the guy reckoned the crank was out of true and could have been since it was built,
It rode much better when it was done, much smoother, didn't get an awful lot of change from £700 :eek::eek::eek:

Don't be put off though it was fine after that and did several trackdays and road miles and never let me down

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be my main transport too about 25 miles per day...could it be a money pit?

Track day on a KTM, well I had never even thought of that, I had settled with the idea that trackdays were over for a little while!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts