KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble getting my 2001 KTM 640 LC4 Supermoto to start. It ran great last week and since then has just stood outside my apartment. Yesterday when I was planning to take it for a spin it all the sudden didn't start.

The battery is fully charged and it cranks well. The green light comes on as usual. I removed the sparkplug and didn't get any spark, so I replaced the plug but still no spark. The ground is OK. Today I took off all the panels and the tank to try and find the problem. The only fuse I could find (main?) was OK. I'm running out of ideas here. Where should I look next?

Thanks in advance

Albin from Sweden

·
Registered
341 Posts
there are 4 fuses that im aware on the lc4 around 2000/2001 years as i have a 2000/01 lc4 as well you have a fuse that is on the solenoid loom and also you have three sat behind the headlight.

One thing i have had problems with before on the lc4 is that one of the wire connections manages to rattle loose somewhere on the loom and this gave the same symptoms as yours it ended up being one of the wires that sits behind your right hand side airbox cover and was just a push fit connection that had come loose.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Has someone been interfering with it whilst it was parked up?

I've known vandals to pull a wire out - or disconnect the plug cap etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts