KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Took my 640 SM 06 out for a blast yesterday. All going well until about an hour into the ride the speedo started ranging from 30mph up to 100mph and everything in between. I stopped and flicked off the kill switch at which point everything died. No lights, dash, nothing. Even kicking the bike over got me nowhere. AA rescued me home. I have charged the battery which is only about 4 months old and everything has come back to life although not enough juice to spin the motor over.
I do not use the bike much at all. Any ideas before I go and potentially waste money on replacing the battery. Are there common faults that will affect the battery being charged? Any advice appreciated.
Thanks folks, stay safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair point.
What bit of 'Stay at home' don't you understand ???
Fair point but I had no interaction with any other human being, even the AA guy as I got my own transport home from my wife who picked me up so I didn't have to go in the can with Mr AA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to really get a battery analysis machine onit may have a bad cell.
Try charge it for longer. Then with it started measure the voltage at the battery should be around 13.8-14.5v roughly with abit of revs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair point.

Fair point but I had no interaction with any other human being, even the AA guy as I got my own transport home from my wife who picked me up so I didn't have to go in the can with Mr AA.
Cab...not can
You need to really get a battery analysis machine onit may have a bad cell.
Try charge it for longer. Then with it started measure the voltage at the battery should be around 13.8-14.5v roughly with abit of revs.
Thanks Adam I will try that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts