KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A pal has just bought a 56 plate 660 SMC with no prior KTM knowledge at all. He eventually got it started, but it seems to be a pain to get fired up.

His first question was "can I convert it to enduro spec easily?" I've had loads of excs, but never one of these beasts, so I can't advise him - can you let me know what's involved in swapping it to enduro trim.

Any advice gratefully accepted and I'll let him know what he's in for, if it's feasible to do.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tell him not to bother, if he thinks its hard kicking the fucker now, wait till its covered in mud, halfway up a hill, with other bikes screaming past! Here speaks the ex-owner of an XR!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
not an exc it s a sm dont even bother tell him to buy a cheap exc instead will be cheaper and 660 s to big for offroad really

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have a 660smc i`ve taken it off road (very very lightly and only in road trim) to big n heavy for throwing around off road gr8 fun on road tho,
from what i understand converting an enduro into smc is failry easy, other way round not so, have to change forks for the front brake caliper to fit smaller disc, change rear swing arm to take the bigger rubber thats the bigger bits for starters, i`m sure youll hear much more soon enough, keep it in road trim and buy a cheep off roader, the kick start is easy when you get used to it, kick mine off no problem 1st or 2nd time every time

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMC Conversion

Thanks All,

Clearly, this isn't a goer - he'll have to get himself a second bike!

Thanks for the input.

Stoaty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts