KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any plastics going for the 660smc...or any off a 625, 640 lc4 etc. I'm looking for the side panels both sides, both rad scoops and rear ones in good condition?
Will be grateful for any offers.
Cheers,
Jake

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah that's brilliant, my 660 is an 03. Ideally want orange fronts as priority. But would have black with nice graphics on them. What you got?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I will post a picture up tomorrow of the LC4 plastics, so you can see what's there, the condition and colours.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Are you giving up your LC4 rebuild? tis a sweet machine :cool:
No, not giving up on that quite yet, just bought a new speedo, triple clamps, forks, radial caliper, Braking disc's, wheels and tyres for that one, it's going to be a brand new bike when it's done.:p

If I don't find the time to finish it this summer, then I will sell it for parts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers bagman but I will give your black one a miss. RZ I will look forward to seeing some photos. What lc4 are you doing up? My 660 looks like this and I'm wanting to really smarten it up...

I have on my list of things to get for it:
crash bobbins
mud flap
orange bars
fork seals
clamps annodised gold
oil filter cap annodised orange
exhaust slider
new style front exc headlight orange
front fender orange
speedo cable (last one broke)
front wavy disc
What does yours look like and where is best for me to find some of the bits on my list?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The one I'm doing up is a 660, you have probably seen the pics before on another thread, It looks a little different now, I have replaced the wheels and tyres, discs, engine, forks, calipers, carb, shock, clutch master and a load of other bits with new parts, just need to put the frame on and get the graphics done.

I will post some pics of all the bits I'm going to sell at some point, I did try this a few weeks ago! put three marquee's up in the garden and emptied out the contents of one of the garages on to the lawn, there was so much crap I just gave up stuck it back in boxes and chucked it back again.

By the way, are you the Jake that I met a Loomies?

·
Registered
824 Posts
The one I'm doing up is a 660, you have probably seen the pics before on another thread, It looks a little different now, I have replaced the wheels and tyres, discs, engine, forks, calipers, carb, shock, clutch master and a load of other bits with new parts, just need to put the frame on and get the graphics done.

I will post some pics of all the bits I'm going to sell at some point, I did try this a few weeks ago! put three marquee's up in the garden and emptied out the contents of one of the garages on to the lawn, there was so much crap I just gave up stuck it back in boxes and chucked it back again.

By the way, are you the Jake that I met a Loomies?

that will look great when it's done, like the black, and that exhaust is awesome!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah mate that looks awesome!! And ohh it's you! I met you when I had my 570 and was talking to you about wanting an lc4 I think. Cool yep I met you at loomies.
Your 660 does look brilliant. I will look forward to suggestions on plastics and perhaps graphics to go with.
On another note...did you get those wheels done yourself? Were they the original silver ones? Because I really really want black excel rims with gold/anodised orange talon hubs...or alpinas, however it's so difficult to find a pair that have a cush drive. And obv I don't really want to spend over a grand getting talon to make them for me. I rekon they will transform the bike. What you rekon?
Jake

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
jake i have some plastics if the others dont work out.... even still got the original droopy rear end if you want.... nah, didnt think so.......

try brokenlegs off this forum to get ya wheels done

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I sort of did the wheels myself, Aurora powder coatings did the coating, Farnborough Metal Finishings did the chrome and Elgamec did the blast cleaning. hubs were off my 640 (shot blasted and powder coated black) rims off my 625, again blasted and coated, front spokes off a broken 560 SMR wheel and rear spokes off one of the wheels. I had 5 sets of front and back spoke nipples chromed and the guy mixed them all up, it took more time than lacing the wheels to sort through them. I also trued the wheels myself, Job satisfaction NONE!!! it is not worth the hassle!!! Leave it to the pro's, as Keith says, ask Brokenlegs!!! it will work out cheaper in the end. Also, if you are getting the rims anodised they need to be perfect if you are doing any other colour than black.

I have three more pairs of wheels that could do with a refurb and I don't think it's worth the trouble, just find some good ones on Ebay and sell yours to recoup some money. As for the gold hubs, not sure, I do have a pair of 17" gold Excels with Talon hubs and I only used them for the snow with spiked tyres, not a fan of gold bits on a KTM. Cush drives available now but they are big pennies for billet cut.

What's wrong with the rad scoops on your 660?, they look in good condition in the pic, or are you just after a colour change?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers for the advice RZ, getting in touch with brokenlegs sounds like a good idea. Your way seems very complicated! They look good though. I have been traipsing through eBay for ages for the wheels I want, but have found it impossible to find some with a cush drive.

And yeah you are right, my rad scoops are nice with no real scratches, what I really want is some really nice graphics on them, like red bull or akro graphics you know...but I don't want to ruin my rad scoops by removing the original graphics see. So thought I would get some fresh ones so I can keep them separate.

Also, I would really like some orange fork guards to fit if anyone has any? From RZ or keith if either of you has any?...or anyone else.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ooo I like that will it all fit mine? How much do you want for the graphics kit and orange forkguards??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah cheers for that...I will have a quick think about that and get back to you about it tomorrow night.

As for those rims...they don't have a cush drive on the rear wheel do they? For the 660 I've been advised to stick with the cush to as not damage anything. I don't wanna hammer my gearbox.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts