KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wrapped it and it was a crap job as its starting to peel as I stretched it when I put it on and with the sun on it last summer it's just started lifting off.

But for the moment it's covering my badly scratched tank so until I get round to respraying the tank ill leave it on.

Was thinking of getting the tank sprayed or getting it hydrographic covered

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
what ever you do koopz...... dont get an alloy one... they make the engine sound even louder

·
Registered
341 Posts
what ever you do koopz...... dont get an alloy one... they make the engine sound even louder
Yep I was told that as well so I sold the alloy one I was going to fit and bought the carbon one the good thing about the carbon one is that it doesn't need any additional mounting hardware as It clips onto the frame at the back of the engine and use's the existing filter guard bolts.

Although my carbon one did reflect some engine noise back towards the rider I put close cell foam on the inside and that dampened down the noise considerably.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have this carbon sump guard/bellypan kicking around somewhere off my old race bike if that appeals. The decals are just stickers with clear vinyl covering the whole thing, so comes off easy.
Pm me if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.