KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice if someone can point me in the right direction.....

Next time I do an oil change I want to replace the hoses that loop round the crankcase, ( mine are stainless with mild steel fittings which are corroded). I'd like to get a full stainless set but can't find anywhere....or an orange stylee set a la HEL....can't see anything on there apart from brake lines.... Cheers to anyone that has a crack...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I reckon you would have to get them custom made which won't be cheap and also they would have to match the I/d diameter perfectly so as to maintain correct oil pressure

·
Registered
341 Posts
I did look into this when I was rebuilding my bike as the hoses were corroded also and I contacted goodridge and they said they could make some up If I sent up the original ones.

But got warned off of it by local KTM stealer as the hoses run your oil for the jets that spray your piston so I'm not gonna play around with them.

Also I ended up changing my engine which had non corroded hoses so lucked in.

But maybe there are hoses out there that are made for them already just never looked too far into it

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are we talking about the oil line hoses with banjo bolt fittings??
If you want to have the pipes orange you can either buy that orange cable wrap for computers such as Akasa brand or a silicone hose in orange slit and put over it or sounds retarded but can have them dipped (either professionally or use that liquid latex from a sex shop, it actually works well haha).
As for the banjo fittings if its just to stop corrosion and look shiny and pretty if you cap them off so nothing can go inside where the oil goes, ie leave only the external viewable part exposed, have them chromed there's a place called MAJ Hi Spec in Keighley who could prob do that.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bit of both to be honest...make it look, good and to be resistant to the weather - plus as I said one of them is starting to fray. The ebay guy bikebitsni can supply a full stainless set including banjo bolts for 100 quid-ish - 25 quid per length - I need 4 hoses. Ill order at the end of the month, and then install them when it needs its next oil change. Once theyre on ill do the usual and take some photo's etc etc....thanks for the reply though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.