KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to buy new 690 Enduro R and getting some quotes from dealers.

Some still have 2019 models in stock and some will order 2020 models with a few weeks turnaround. Are there any differences between 2019 and 2020?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ask the dealers?

Look at KTM Wesbite?
Thanks for you reply.

Website doesn't not say anything about the difference between 2019 and 2020

Dealers that have 2019 in stock say that there are no differences but I wanted unbiased community opinion.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,322 Posts
And dealers generally no shit. The salesman spend half there day siting at there desk looking at a screen, ignoring customers, doing absolutely no research.

·
Administrator
8,511 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 2020 and as far as I can tell from my research there is no difference

·
Administrator
8,511 Posts
I've sold the 1290 SDR and keeping the 350

·
Administrator
8,511 Posts
I bought the bike from Jim Aim but the price was negotiated on the basis that my company does work for them so unlikely repeatable. Plus I've now bought 8 bikes from them in the last 10 years. So you could say I'm a repeat customer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I bought the bike from Jim Aim but the price was negotiated on the basis that my company does work for them so unlikely repeatable. Plus I've now bought 8 bikes from them in the last 10 years. So you could say I'm a repeat customer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
or just very fickle :LOL:

·
Administrator
8,511 Posts
Sold it? Come on, give us the reasons, the perceived logic.
You can’t get off that lightly.

I need a few too.
The 1290 is awesome, no doubt about that but its very fast and not the best bike for congested UK roads. I've done a couple of track days but wont do any more, I'm too old and don't have the balls for that kind of speed. Considering I was getting overtaken in the novice group whilst I was doing about 130. The SDR is also a very big and heavy bike and not as manoeuvrable as I would like.

But the main reason is I just love the dirt more than the tarmac, I want to do a rally and this might be the bike to do it on. Its also possible that I just use this for road riding, lanes and TRF stuff and do the rally on the 350.

Reactions: french

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Don't get this.
You don't have the balls to wobble round in the novice group but you have the balls for a Rally????????
Never heard of selective balls before

·
Administrator
8,511 Posts
Don't get this.
You don't have the balls to wobble round in the novice group but you have the balls for a Rally????????
Never heard of selective balls before
Last time I checked, novices didn't need to do 130 in rallies

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I'd rather be doing 130 on the tarmac with no obstacles than 80 through a forest.
I ride the wheels off my Street Triple but more people on inferior machines go past me than I go past people on superior machines. Just seems a shame you appeared to be enjoying the track riding to give it up already.

·
Administrator
8,511 Posts
I'm not saying I'll never do it again but for now I'm looking forward to getting up on a Sunday morning in the summer with a few routes planned on the GPS and going searching for green lanes at a more leisurely pace.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts