KTM Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Got the bike set up and lowered a touch this morning, then fitted a few parts ..
arrow end can
twin air filter ,
fuel dongle from CRT
and puig screen.

I’ll have a little ride out tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just managed to finally get out in the bike for a few hours.
So I’ve fitted the following parts
Crt dongle
Arrow end can
Screen
Throttle cam
Wider pegs
14/46 sprockets

Did a bit of single track, woods, mud. It was very slippy today and in mode 2 the back end was sliding out a lot, I do have E07’s on the bike and I usually have tkc80’s in my bikes but I felt a bit sketchy! The bike does 60 -70 easily and can get down quite low with no stalls, the bike is smoother with the dongle so that works and the cam means no slop on the throttle. I’m not sure I need to change any else for now, just need more saddle time to dial it in, maybe drop it through the triples as it is a bit tall yet!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi all
I’ve been trying to get some crash bars and a rear rack for the bike, I’ve found these on line

After buying a set of RD that wouldn’t fit because of the bigger sump guard but am struggling to find a rear rack for the 2021!
Has anyone fitted one in their 21?
Thanks

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Hi all
I’ve been trying to get some crash bars and a rear rack for the bike, I’ve found these on line

After buying a set of RD that wouldn’t fit because of the bigger sump guard but am struggling to find a rear rack for the 2021!
Has anyone fitted one in their 21?
Thanks

Should be the same as the 2020

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
You have to drill through the plastic fender on all years.

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Thought so!, thanks

It's a bit tricky drilling the holes. On the underside of the fender, there is a mark where you are supposed to drill but it doesn't line up properly when you fix either the grab rails or in your case the carry rack. Measure, measure and measure again before you drill the holes if you want it to look neat.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
It's a bit tricky drilling the holes. On the underside of the fender, there is a mark where you are supposed to drill but it doesn't line up properly when you fix either the grab rails or in your case the carry rack. Measure, measure and measure again before you drill the holes if you want it to look neat.
These things never line up where they should, looks a twat of a thing to drill!
Drill bit straight through fuel tank probably

Anybody else bothering with crash bars?

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Remove the rear mudguard before drilling, it comes off easily.

I haven't bothered with the crash bars, did really think they were necessary.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just so others know
I bought a set of these from RD moto ( eBay)

Anyway with a bigger sump guard they don’t fit the bike, as the plate is taller than OEM, the fixing bracket can’t line up! I fits fine with Oem sump guard. Just so you guys know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
These things never line up where they should, looks a twat of a thing to drill!
Drill bit straight through fuel tank probably
Take the plastics off and use a small drill to pilot the holes from the inside. re fit the plastics and see how the holes line up. Take it all off again and use a step drill to enlarge the holes, being in mind any misalignment from the initial check.

You may need some slight alteration/ovalling with a file or sharp knife. Tricky to keep the hole dead clean doing that though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take the plastics off and use a small drill to pilot the holes from the inside. re fit the plastics and see how the holes line up. Take it all off again and use a step drill to enlarge the holes, being in mind any misalignment from the initial check.

You may need some slight alteration/ovalling with a file or sharp knife. Tricky to keep the hole dead clean doing that though.
Should have said, the initial piloting is done on the marks KTM put on the inside of the plastics.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi all
Has anyone fitted risers on the bike?, how much ride will the cables take??
Thanks

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
I fitted a steering damper which then also acted as a riser about 20-25mm and no issue with cables.

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Tire Automotive fuel system

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Yes, its the Rade Garage one. Make a good improvement imo.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Yes, its the Rade Garage one. Make a good improvement imo.
Did you fit it yourself?, does it fit straight in without much faf!
thanks

41 - 60 of 98 Posts