Tire Automotive tire Window Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: Ship

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
That’s cool, good to see it’s dirty!!
What’s the headlight?
I’m setting the bike up for a ride to TET Spain Portugal this year , and maybe some rallymoto!
Going to try trackers and moose front and back just for the trip abroad!, just so I don’t need to carry all the tools!

A lot of road work in between lanes this country so will be fitting tkc80’s, these mites E07’s are not for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
That’s cool, good to see it’s dirty!!
What’s the headlight?
I’m setting the bike up for a ride to TET Spain Portugal this year , and maybe some rallymoto!
Going to try trackers and moose front and back just for the trip abroad!, just so I don’t need to carry all the tools!

A lot of road work in between lanes this country so will be fitting tkc80’s, these mites E07’s are not for me!

The screen and lights are from MST Rally.

I tried traclers and didn't like them. I don't think the weight of the bike suits them. Iys the same with the Michelin Enduro Mediums. In the wet they are very sketchy and don't give any confidence. My choice from now on will be the Maxxis IT.

I have some tyres for sale, all done less than a couple of hundred miles each. I have a pair of Trackers and a pair of E09's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unless you’re doing specific events get some motoz rallz on , best all rounder by far .
Good for road grip and milage
Not bad in mud ,rocks, sand
The type of different terrain you ride on trails it’s all down to a compromise, they ain’t no perfect tyre for all going but there as good as any all rounder .
Using one type you get the feel for what it can do and it’s limits

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Despite the adventurising of it, it still looks nice and trim rather than a 240kg behemoth.

You could pressure wash those pavers when you do the bike next.
Just done about 100 sq.m at home plus the same again to do with organic paving cleaner as I can’t pressure wash it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The screen and lights are from MST Rally.

I tried traclers and didn't like them. I don't think the weight of the bike suits them. Iys the same with the Michelin Enduro Mediums. In the wet they are very sketchy and don't give any confidence. My choice from now on will be the Maxxis IT.

I have some tyres for sale, all done less than a couple of hundred miles each. I have a pair of Trackers and a pair of E09's.
How much tarmac do you do ?, I’ve a set of terra force, which were on the bike when I bought it, and the road noise was unbearable!, but they was good in the dirt!, I always use tkc80’s, as I’m used to them, but when I’m abroad I don’t want to worry about punctures, so I’m going to use moose,. I don’t think the tkc80’s will be good with them, so I was thinking trackers !, I’m not sure how much road Work I’ll do on the TET, so I’m just guessing!, not going till October so lots of time yet!

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Trackers will be shit if you have a lot of road work to do

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Trackers will be shit if you have a lot of road work to do
Yeh thought so , not sure which way to go really, I’ll have to do more research .

Maybe just use the 500 for the TET!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeh thought so , not sure which way to go really, I’ll have to do more research .

Maybe just use the 500 for the TET!

MT21 is a good road and trail tyre for a 690/701

Grips well on the road in wet or dry

Good on the trails - except deep slimy mud

Hard pack of Spain and Portugal will be fine

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
As I said above
For tet trail motoz fit and forget and enjoy your ride
Would I be able to fit a set of moose in the motoz for the Spain trip?

·
Registered
927 Posts
As for rear luggage racks....they throw the boxes very wide and in drops I think they transfer too much force to that rear sub frame....so I use Enduristan Blizzard soft luggage. Throw over bags that are shaped and still allow "footpaddling". The large ones (not the XL's) are good for most travels. I'm a believer in taking as little as possible so it still feels like a bike...not a camel.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
As for rear luggage racks....they throw the boxes very wide and in drops I think they transfer too much force to that rear sub frame....so I use Enduristan Blizzard soft luggage. Throw over bags that are shaped and still allow "footpaddling". The large ones (not the XL's) are good for most travels. I'm a believer in taking as little as possible so it still feels like a bike...not a camel.
Do you still need a rear rack fitted for blizzards, or do they just strap on?

·
Registered
927 Posts
They just strap on...very secure. They may rub a tad if the bike gets dirty so I put Helicopter Tape on the highpoint on the rear fairing section.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Would I be able to fit a set of moose in the motoz for the Spain trip?

[/QUOTE. The milage and terrain you’ll do on a long ride will have a effect on any moouse and tyre choice .
I use them on trail rides but only during winter.
Personally I’d fit heavy duty tubes with slime as you may experience heat build up in Spain that may deteriorate the moouse.
BUT others may have different opinions
Lube the tube and tyres up with gel when fitting.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
That was another option I was looking at,slime and tubes!
Thanks

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
I run tubes and slime and its been ok for me so far. I use oko. I think @Ship does too.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I run tubes and slime and its been ok for me so far. I use oko. I think @Ship does too.
Right then I’m I’m gonna try slime in a set of MT21’s!
Thanks lads

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lightweight rim lock in the rear will allow you to run less pressure if needed.
Balanced wheels helps reduce vibration on the road.
The slime makes this impossible as it settles at the bottom when the wheels stop rotating.
I fitted the rim lock then balanced wheels without tyres and tubes then fitted the tyres.
Not ideal as the tyres really need to be on when balanced but it offsets the rim lock weight when roading .
Another compromise but deffo helps .

61 - 80 of 98 Posts