KTM Owners Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Ended out going for the motoz rallz, fitted today, should be on a ride tomorrow to give them a test.

Fitted

A led light as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts
I run tubes and slime and its been ok for me so far. I use oko. I think @Ship does too.
Yep, oko user here - l have used the original truck stuff for years ...... they do a bike specific one as well now, but imo its a bit lightweight in comparison to the truck one
Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Fluid Plant

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Outback motortek crash bars fitted, found some side bags from the 990, they don’t fit perfect but they will do a job until I get some 690 bags

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Just got back from a great 6 hour ride ( first proper ride) , round Peak District, I was impressed with the tyres , very good off road, I took my time on the road as they were brand new and it was wet, but after 160 miles they felt good on the way home. The bike felt like a exc over some hard stuff, made it to easy at times, on stuff I’ve done in my old 650 and struggled with the high weight the low weight helped a lot!, the only niggle was after about 4 hours the dash and TC stopped working?, had a quick check if fuses but couldn’t find out?

Bike still ran so carried on. Got home washed the bike off then had another look, removed all the fuses and put them back all good, tried the bike and it all works??, mysterious?!!, maybe one was loose?, I thought it was a bad earth!,
Anyway bike now works and all is well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just got back from a great 6 hour ride ( first proper ride) , round Peak District, I was impressed with the tyres , very good off road, I took my time on the road as they were brand new and it was wet, but after 160 miles they felt good on the way home. The bike felt like a exc over some hard stuff, made it to easy at times, on stuff I’ve done in my old 650 and struggled with the high weight the low weight helped a lot!, the only niggle was after about 4 hours the dash and TC stopped working?, had a quick check if fuses but couldn’t find out?

Bike still ran so carried on. Got home washed the bike off then had another look, removed all the fuses and put them back all good, tried the bike and it all works??, mysterious?!!, maybe one was loose?, I thought it was a bad earth!,

Glad they felt ok
Also get good milage from them
You’ll get the summer out of them then a new set for winter.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Do you use the T/Control?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Do you use the T/Control?
It was the first proper ride out so I was using map 1 for road and map 2 for the off- road , but when the button was not working I’m not sure what map it was in!, I thought the bike would struggle in the mud on road setting but the rest of the day went well over some tricky stuff, so it my have been on off-road setting. Can abs and TC be turned off completely?, I’m not sure!
When I got the bike I had a little ride in map 2 in some mud and the back end kept coming round, but that could have been the tyres (e07)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
When I'm offroad I never use ABS or TC,they interfere with your instincts.
I dont like ABS or TC on the road either,they curb my natural holligan preferences...

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

great photo mate,that's what trailriding's all about...

Reactions: Ship

·
Registered
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R, previously 2019 KTM Excf350 6 Days
32 Posts
It was the first proper ride out so I was using map 1 for road and map 2 for the off- road , but when the button was not working I’m not sure what map it was in!, I thought the bike would struggle in the mud on road setting but the rest of the day went well over some tricky stuff, so it my have been on off-road setting. Can abs and TC be turned off completely?, I’m not sure!
When I got the bike I had a little ride in map 2 in some mud and the back end kept coming round, but that could have been the tyres (e07)

just watch out when offroad on Map1 as that gives you ABS on the front and back wheels which is a little scary in the mud when you do want some backwheel lockup! freaked me out the first time I forgot to flip into MAP2 on the lanes! I am pretty sure on the 2021 there is no way of totally disabling the ABS on the front, personally not sure id want to as the brakes are pretty savage on this thing, im sure ive avoided a couple of lockups so far thanks to it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
just watch out when offroad on Map1 as that gives you ABS on the front and back wheels which is a little scary in the mud when you do want some backwheel lockup! freaked me out the first time I forgot to flip into MAP2 on the lanes! I am pretty sure on the 2021 there is no way of totally disabling the ABS on the front, personally not sure id want to as the brakes are pretty savage on this thing, im sure ive avoided a couple of lockups so far thanks to it!
Map selection has no effect on abs
If you want to have front abs no rear abs you’ll need the off road dongle
That’s up to 2020 model
It’s the best off road option.
You can add a switch into the dongle harness to have no abs at all .
There’s info on YouTube on how to do

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
It was stuck in map 2, which was lucky as we went down some steep steps in the dark!, while in map 2 can the Tc be turned off as well? , I’ve checked the manuals but I’m still not sure?

·
Registered
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R, previously 2019 KTM Excf350 6 Days
32 Posts
Map selection has no effect on abs
If you want to have front abs no rear abs you’ll need the off road dongle
That’s up to 2020 model
It’s the best off road option.
You can add a switch into the dongle harness to have no abs at all .
There’s info on YouTube on how to do
It does on our 2021 models ;-)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts