KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I fairly recently started riding a 2008 690 Duke and noticed on days with particularly heavy traffic usually while commuting, the engine temp gets right up to 9-11 bars depending on the air temp.
I read that this is by design to ensure the cat works at optimum, however I'm sure most (KTM) riders don't worry too much about emissions and would rather more of a 'buffer' before the bike reaches damaging temps.

I was hoping to upgrade the Fan Thermostat switch to come on at a cooler temp, but the only one I can find is the Rally Raid one at £50 + Shipping (£7/8) about £60 all in all, which is quite a lot if you ask me.

So the question is: does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Apparently some Car, ATV and other Bike Thermostat switch's fit and work at a lower temp, but haven't seen any clarification.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Fit a 10 quid fan override switch and use it when you feel the engine gets too hot. But dont worry, as long as the fan comes on automatically it wont overheat.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bought that switch from ralli raid, and it works great.bit dear like but it's peace of mind in the summer!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts