KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a lovely 690 enduro ,just need a bit of help/info

Is there a rekluse clutch that fits one of these out on the market somewhere ?

Where would be the best place to tap a 12v lighter socket into ?

What is the best gearing setp for greenlanes ,currently standard front and 46 rear

What is the best map to use with the acro can ?

I am sure i will have some more in the near future .
Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven't seen a rekluse, but haven't looked. If know one on here knows, the epic 690 thread on advrider will probably have the answers if you can find them.

The 690 actually has two 'accessory sockets' in the wiring under the front head light (one just on with engine, other on with ignition key on). They are just spade style connectors, but very handy!

I've been find doing greenlanes on mine with the akrapovic can + map on and standard gearing. Generally ok on lanes with standard gearing before I got the can, but a tight hare and hounds before I got it ended up with a lot of clutch work.

There is a specific map KTM will put on for the akrapovic can. If you mean the 'mode' dial thingy - I just leave it on 'aggressive' unless I'm feeling particularly knackered!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Im a newbie on the 690 enduro too but not to green laning. Have either of you two experienced a tapping noise around the cam chain area on the left handside of the engine. It only has 2500 miles on it, do you think its owt or nowt.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to sure as i havent ridden mine far enough yet ,still sorting out a few bits and bobs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im a newbie on the 690 enduro too but not to green laning. Have either of you two experienced a tapping noise around the cam chain area on the left handside of the engine. It only has 2500 miles on it, do you think its owt or nowt.
Got the same noise on mine. 2400 miles and few months old. It should be this way apparently. Funny enough mechanical, upgrade cam tensioners made for EXC-R are replacements for OEM tensioners, which on 690 and EXC-R are the same parts according to KTM parts catalogue. Will they fit? I don't know but I'd like to find out.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
maybe Brompton can shed some light on the cam-chain tensioner question
over to you Andrew

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine has 3k on the clock and also has this cam chain noise, will that help with the noise?
I have 14 on the front sprocket (one less than standard) and standard gearing on the rear saves alot of wear on the clutch and I have tackled some good lanes on it with good results, it costs a little on the top end but you will never notice if your running enduro tyres.
If your happy with the current map leave it alone, you can not put the cat back on with the akro map but its not a requirement to maintain warranty, the only problem I found was it would stall with no db killer in when shutting off when riding hard a little scary as it would lock up very quick! It cost me £30 to have the map changed I think thats a bit over the top when it takes less than 5 mins to do.
Off to see if a rekluse is available:smokin:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm a little confused,
The replacement unit will work on all newer four-strokes in 250, 400, 450, 505, 530 models using the RC4, XC4, or RF4 motor (not for the RFS motors). Also fits the new 690 LC4 and 1190 RC8 engines as well as new Husaberg 390/450/570 (requires special instruction).
???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts