KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just replaced the Akropovic can on my SMC as it fell apart beyond repair.

I bought a new Leo Vinci ally can from e-bay (£208), quality is good, fitted perfectly & sounds good, with baffle in it is noisier than the Akra with baffle in but performance feels same as Akra with baffle out (seat of the pants dyno).

Weather it'll last as long I will probably never know.. the Akra lasted 26k, but needed repacking @ 10k

cheers

c

·
Registered
526 Posts
My Akra lasted around the same sort of mileage over 2 690's, but I got it rebuilt and it's as good as new, well had to order a new carbon tip as well which hurt!! How did you break it that much, I thought I had abused mine thoroughly but it looks as good as new after being in the hands of an expert for an hour or so :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FEW NIGGLES, WARPED FRONT DISC(S), MISTED/DUST IN INSTRUMENT(S)
All fixed under warranty.
Used all year round since march 08
Still runs sweet...

Now i've said that... next post "SMC grenades itself"...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Akra burned all packing which in turn left the inner portion of the carbon cap exposed, that burned too, then the ti exit pipe cracked where the baffle mounted, repacked & re-riveted twice, got fed up in the end, dont think it was worth the £400...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
yea i have the FMF which is shorter and looks better i think, very loud mind you!!!lol
Did you buy that off me? Think so - glad you like it

As for DukeII - jeezus thats some good mileage, my 08 plate has done about 3k. Having a broken foot doesnt help mind :rolleyes:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did you buy that off me? Think so - glad you like it

As for DukeII - jeezus thats some good mileage, my 08 plate has done about 3k. Having a broken foot doesnt help mind :rolleyes:
Yea mate thats the one i bought from you, its grand, mines the loudest bike about town now!haha cars can hear me which is good considering the way some folk drive in cars!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts