KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I know - there are much more suitable bikes for racing - but would be interested to hear from anyone who has raced the 690 regarding any mods to sheddding weight and tuning
Regards
Alan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bit like asking how to turn your family hatch back into a touring car (invest sheds loads of money) best off getting a race bike which is road legal.:p

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
If ye decide to go down this route, I have a full akro Ti system for sale. I'm on a boat in the baltic till mid sept,
but can get it moving pretty quick once I'm home. PM me if yer interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go to Brands Hatch this coming sunday and monday where the Thundersport GB club are racing and you will see quite a few 690's racing in the streetfighter c class.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Anyone seen that twin akra mod before on a 690smc?
There was a small picture and short description in SMIMag # 3. So ask Crasher about it. He wrote about some German team raced European Championship. They worked with a little collaboration with KTM factory, and aim was 690 factory race kit to bolt on.
The exhaust was heavily reworked KTM SuperDuke race pipes and the bike was about 20 kilos lighter than stock bike.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
No matter how much 'value engineering' you undertake and special weight loss diets you put a 690smc on ........... it was nver conceived, designed, developed or manufactured as a competitive race bike.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You're probably right, but it's great bike IMO.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There was a small picture and short description in SMIMag # 3. So ask Crasher about it. He wrote about some German team raced European Championship. They worked with a little collaboration with KTM factory, and aim was 690 factory race kit to bolt on.
The exhaust was heavily reworked KTM SuperDuke race pipes and the bike was about 20 kilos lighter than stock bike.
hmmm,leo vince or FMF 4.1 it is then.I'll be getting a 690 smc shortly and am considering what can to put on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts