KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008exc-r 450 and was thinking of changing to the excr 690,
But the prices for the 690 are cheaper than the 450?
Are they having a upgrade and these are end of near stock?
Also I do h&h events and a bit of green laneing,are they too much to handle for events?
Has any one got one and wot are they like.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have just bought one for use on green lanes and a bit of road work ,went out yesterday and found it was fantastic for doing just that ,would'nt recommend one for H&H though ,i have the standard one and not the R

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had a 690 since may '09 / 14000 miles.

Brilliant bike!! - Very versatile. Used it for a coast to coast trailride : YouTube - 630 miles OFFROAD from Dover to Lands End via Motorcycle [Part 1]

Doesn't need as much maintenance as a competition bike.

Power delivery is adjustable and can be softer than a 450.

Turning circle is much bigger than a 450.

Wouldn't reccomend a 690 for H+H unless you've a sense of humor.

Good rally bike.

R version has more suspension travel, naff instruments and headlight.

E version has less travel, great instruments and light - also takes the optional fairing (£35) that makes long road miles soooooo much easier.

Standard cat exhaust is v heavy and hot. Akrapovic is a popular upgrade.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had one for a couple of years; fine for green laning though the turning circle is a bit annoying.
I've done a Hare and Hounds on mine and while I wasn't particularly competitive (I'm not anway!) it did ok, but definitely prefer an EXC.
I've also done a several thousand mile trip across Spain, including everything from the Autobahn to steep rocky hills.
If you can only have one bike and want one that will do it all, it's definitely a good contender.
Reckon it could handle a road trackday fine too with SM wheels on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts