·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all iv been searching but cant find what i need
im looking for a rear tyre for my 2008 690sm iv tryed
bridgestone 090
bridgestone bt92
grip is great but there not lasting 2000 miles i need something witch will last for a few more miles any advice??
should be std size rear 160/60/r17

·
Registered
526 Posts
I tried all sorts but never really got over 1500 / 2k out of the back on my 690 SMC sounds about right to me , I know that's not much help :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
michelin pilot pure 2ct, great grip on the edges and harder compound in the middle, done 1300miles and still good and round

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
just fitted pilot power 2ct's to mine. loved the original BT090's but rear was shagged after 1000 miles.

only put about 80 miles on the 2cts and am so far very impressed with them. i opted for a pair.

the compounds are the same for the pilot power and pilot pure, just the areas of the soft compound are greater on the pures.

came down to price for me. found some on ebay (front and rear) brand new for 150.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've just started using the BT016 and feels as good as the BT090 so far. Triple compound should get a lot more miles too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i fitted an 016 after the original 090 wore out. prefer the feel of the 016 and thought it would last longer but after 1200 miles it's showing serious signs of wear and won't last much longer!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Happy with Corsa Diablo Rosso, new 2 compounds from Pirelli (they say 3 compounds but that's marketing, the two sides are made of the same).

·
Registered
235 Posts
i have some goldspeeds super sport ultra , but im yet the see what kind of mileage i will get out of them

·
Registered
235 Posts
Did ya get ur bike vrt'd? If so, did they check the mileage?
yes, vrt`ed and taxed already, i didnt bring the bike with me, and no questions asked whatsoever,just gave them the paperwork,filled the form and paid 800 quid.. happy days!
Serious machine this, love it cant keep the front wheel down tho lol

hows your 990 going for you? defo my next ktm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts