KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey lads just got a 44 tooth rear sprocket for my 690 smc and was wondering will the standard chain be long enough to do the job:confused:? standard is 42 teeth. Thanks, paul

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
You'll just have to turn the adjuster blocks to the short way, & reposition the guide to the lower setting or it will rub on the rivets.

RE: rivets it was a stealth type sprocket i fitted with alloy centre & steel toothed outer ring.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the 690smc i dont think you would get away with anymore than up 2 teeth on the original chain, i know my old 640 was up two on the rear no problem with pleantly of adjustment left, however it was like that when i got it so i dont know if that was the original chain.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I've just bought a 44t for my 625 smc, standard is 40t, will I get away with my current chain length do you recon?
If your adjusters are already all the way out you might JUST make it, But how old is your current chain because new sprockets & old chains are not good for the life of your new sprock.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The chains probably a couple of years old now. Maybe a good idea to replace.

In the owners's manual it says the chain is an x-ring 5/8 x 1/4" (i guess 520). What size would be best with this 44t stealth sprocket?

Where's a good place to pick on up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts