KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to this forum, but I was wondering what people use to secure their 790 Adventures when it’s at home?
I have a concrete in ground anchor, that takes up to 25mm Almax chains- however there’s no way to get these links around the frame.. It may just go thru the wheel but with wheels so easily removed it defeats the object having a chain so secure..
What chains do you use? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I’d suggest a Pragmasis anti pinch pin. It’s a 22mm thick long steel bar you can feed through different parts of the frame (don’t know if there’s space on the 790) but if a broom handle will fit through so will the anti pinch pin. It goes through either end of a 19 or 16mm chain then locks using the squire 65cs lock that comes with the Almax.

Don’t know if it works with the 25mm chain.

Makes it so much easier than trying to feed a chain through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers BDG, I looked into the anti pinch pin and that looks exactly what I need! However I’m sceptical that it’ll work on the 25mm chain too- so figured my options are downscale the setup so it works with the pin, or as I work in a machine shop, machine my own from a hardened steel.
Great help though, I’d never have though of the pin idea!
Richard C- yes it is pretty hefty chain! But I figured since I’ve had my previous 2 bikes stolen 4 times (whilst chained up at home), give it the best chance I can!

still not sure on how to paste quotes on here so I’ve had to reply the old way 😂

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have the 1190 Adv and use the Almax 16mm chain, Pragmasis 390mm Anti-pinch pin, Torc ground anchor and Squire ss65cs lock. The pin goes through the swingarm in the hollow behind the pivot and then through and end and middle of the chain with the Squire lock on the end of the pin. The other end of the chain is secured to frame with an Oxford Nemesis Disk lock (16mm shackle lock)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts